Lars Ulrich Wants To Drum For Noel Gallagher

The Metallica drummer has an ambition to join Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds, and talks about an upcoming Metallica documentary.

Lars Ulrich Wants To Drum For Noel Gallagher
0
Lars Ulrich has revealed his ambition to drum for Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds. Noel already has a drummer in Jeremy Stacey who once backed Sheryl Crow and Joe Cocker, but Ulrich says he'd still love a guest spot one day. "I'm hard pressed to think of anyone I would rather drum with than Noel Gallagher," he told NME. "I have to say [Jeremy Stacey] is doing a stellar job. When I saw them in L.A in December it was fabulous. You know, if Noel and the other 37,000 drummers on this planet turn him down I'll certainly play with him. "I'm certainly not sure he'd ever want to pick me, but I'd put together a pretty solid groove thing back there. I'd make the songs bounce to the best of my ability. Although I'm not sure he'd take me quite seriously." Lars went on to discuss the forthcoming documentary "Mission To Lars" which follows Metallica fan Tom Spicer as he tries to track down and meet his drumming hero. "I thought it was deeply moving. I haven't seen the whole thing, but I saw a rough cut last summer. Meeting Tom was an experience in itself. But seeing the film last year and reconnecting with the whole team was another experience," said Lars. Tom has Fragile X syndrome, the most common form of intellectual disability in boys which can cause retardation and impulsive behavior. He set off from him home in England to Los Angeles with a filmmaker, and the movie documents their journey. He continued: "It's not something we're directly involved in, it's their film, their journey, but we're supportive of their endeavour It's a great testament into a world I didn't know much about, and a great testament to the importance of music and what it means to different people."

26 comments sorted by best / new / date

comments policy
    metallica-#1
    siraxlrose wrote: This is so hypocritical. Why did they kick jason out, because he wanted to do something outside of metallica. #doublestandard
    #ThisIsn'tTwitter
    powachord
    Reload316 wrote: RiffsanBridges wrote: Next weeks Lars news: "Lars wants to play Keyboards in Deep Purple" The following week afterwards: "Lars wants to tour with Lady Gaga" Lars: You know,um, I really got a thing for her, its just, um, Lady Gaga has some cool ****ing sh*t that fits perfectly with Metallica. Oh, and f*ck Napster."
    Really? Trying WAY too hard there...
    link no1
    Reload316 wrote: RiffsanBridges wrote: Next weeks Lars news: "Lars wants to play Keyboards in Deep Purple" The following week afterwards: "Lars wants to tour with Lady Gaga" Lars: You know,um, I really got a thing for her, its just, um, Lady Gaga has some cool ****ing sh*t that fits perfectly with Metallica. Oh, and f*ck Napster."
    OH HO!!! IT'S FUNNY BECAUSE YOU MENTIONED NAPSTER!!!
    doomsdayscottie
    Stop all the Lars hating. For real. It kinda makes me sick that we can't have a thoughtful discussion about anything in these comments sections. It's all the worst parts of YouTube comments and certain infamous imageboards all rolled into one. Someone sees a certain name pop up and "OH GOD THIS SUCKS, *whine whine bitch n' moan*". If you don't like the band or the person in question, MOVE ALONG. I know, free speech and all, but this site's comments are all just one big hate machine. And trolls: go troll somewhere else. I'd really like it if we could have actual, intelligent conversations about music without the trolls.
    metallica-#1
    siraxlrose wrote: This is so hypocritical. Why did they kick jason out, because he wanted to do something outside of metallica. #doublestandard
    Also, Jason quit, they didn't kick him out
    6-String_Madman
    siraxlrose wrote: This is so hypocritical. Why did they kick jason out, because he wanted to do something outside of metallica. #doublestandard
    You get it wrong, the oldest kid in the world coming from L.A. Lars just wanted to jam with Noel for one gig. Jason wanted to release an album and tour with Echobrain... there is a certain difference. Kirk also had side projects and yet, the other 3 members had nothing against it. Get your facts straight before polluting the other minds that probably did not also know the real story. ... and oh! This is not Twitter!
    eljono123
    metallicaftwlp wrote: lars ulrich *wants* to drum except he *can't* drum.
    I'm guessing this was meant to be sarcastic? Lars rocks. I think it'd be a sweet gig to see him drum for Noel. And then get John F to play lead :p
    RiffsanBridges
    doomsdayscottie wrote: Stop all the Lars hating. For real. It kinda makes me sick that we can't have a thoughtful discussion about anything in these comments sections. It's all the worst parts of YouTube comments and certain infamous imageboards all rolled into one. Someone sees a certain name pop up and "OH GOD THIS SUCKS, *whine whine bitch n' moan*". If you don't like the band or the person in question, MOVE ALONG. I know, free speech and all, but this site's comments are all just one big hate machine. And trolls: go troll somewhere else. I'd really like it if we could have actual, intelligent conversations about music without the trolls.
    I agree, I like Lars in fact, I just find his statements hilarious.
    siraxlrose
    This is so hypocritical. Why did they kick jason out, because he wanted to do something outside of metallica. #doublestandard
    MightyAri
    Get your facts straight before polluting the other minds that probably did not also know the real story.
    *Scatterbrain
    BradTheBluefish
    Lars can't keep a beat. He's a great writer. But outside the studio, it becomes difficult for him to perform live .
    jonnieb123
    "...which can cause retardation..." Are we allowed to say that? I'm not sure that's entirely PC these days. And I don't think Noel Gallagher's music allows much room for Lars' drumming style, but could be cool to hear. Always open to new ideas!
    Reload316
    RiffsanBridges wrote: Next weeks Lars news: "Lars wants to play Keyboards in Deep Purple"
    The following week afterwards: "Lars wants to tour with Lady Gaga" Lars: You know,um, I really got a thing for her, its just, um, Lady Gaga has some cool ****ing sh*t that fits perfectly with Metallica. Oh, and f*ck Napster."
    sampimblett
    6-String_Madman wrote: MightyAri wrote: Get your facts straight before polluting the other minds that probably did not also know the real story. *Scatterbrain Radiohead...
    *Velvet Underground
    Shornifier
    doomsdayscottie wrote: Stop all the Lars hating. For real. It kinda makes me sick that we can't have a thoughtful discussion about anything in these comments sections. It's all the worst parts of YouTube comments and certain infamous imageboards all rolled into one. Someone sees a certain name pop up and "OH GOD THIS SUCKS, *whine whine bitch n' moan*". If you don't like the band or the person in question, MOVE ALONG. I know, free speech and all, but this site's comments are all just one big hate machine. And trolls: go troll somewhere else. I'd really like it if we could have actual, intelligent conversations about music without the trolls.
    THIS. Lars is in METALLICA; is there more to say?
    Reload316
    powachord wrote: Reload316 wrote: RiffsanBridges wrote: Next weeks Lars news: "Lars wants to play Keyboards in Deep Purple" The following week afterwards: "Lars wants to tour with Lady Gaga" Lars: You know,um, I really got a thing for her, its just, um, Lady Gaga has some cool ****ing sh*t that fits perfectly with Metallica. Oh, and f*ck Napster." Really? Trying WAY too hard there...
    Agreed.
    6-String_Madman
    MightyAri wrote: Get your facts straight before polluting the other minds that probably did not also know the real story. *Scatterbrain
    Radiohead...