Led Zep Reunion Ruined By Plant / Page Rift?

Robert Plant and Jimmy Page have fallen out and this is the real reason why Led Zeppelin haven't reformed fully for a reunion tour.

0
Reports claim Robert Plant and Jimmy Page have fallen out and this is the real reason why Led Zeppelin haven't reformed fully for a reunion tour. According to rumours, the rift began after Page didn't acknowledge Plant when he collected an award on behalf of the band for 'Best Live Act' at the Mojo Awards. Plant couldn't be there himself as he was on tour with Alison Krauss at the time. A source tells The Sun: "Robert was really disappointed that he didn't merit a mention. The award was for the band's performance, so he thought he should have at least been thanked." Since Led Zeppelin reformed for a one-off London show in December of last year at the O2 Arena, rumours have suggested the band are considering a full world tour. Thanks for the report to AngryApe.

55 comments sorted by best / new / date

comments policy
    Gunpowder
    That's too bad, although I really wasn't holding out much hope for a reunion tour...
    darkfire_storm
    i've recently gotten into zeppelin (i've always liked them, but i never really actively listened to them) and i'd love to see them live. i'd be among one of the few who wasn't born in the 70s or earlier that's actually had the opportunity to see them live. i just hope no more of them die off in the time it takes for them to sort out their stuff and start playing again.
    FVD
    areese82 wrote: That Plant/Krauss thing is so lame. Why do all rockers turn into complete sissies when they get old?
    You're wrong. Ian Gillan continues to kick ass well into his 60's. But agreed with Plant. Rod Stewart is the biggest sissy of all.
    Skirvy
    Instead of Page and Plant, they should make Page & Jones, it would be way more interesting.
    Dionietzsche
    dthrasher wrote: Without Bonham there is no Zeppelin.
    They seemed to do pretty well without him on Get the Led Out. Its not like they'll be writing new songs (and lets face it, they would all suck if they did), so all they need are those personalities that drove the live shows. Jon Bonham's son has showed himself to be a fitting replacement and however good Jon Paul Jones was at arranging in the studio, he brought no personality to the live performances. But thats just a huge block of irrelevance right their, because Jon Paul Jones will almost definitely be there anyway, and this story is utter crap. It came from The Sun. A TABLOID, people.
    Paddles
    Benjammin610 wrote: i'm so damn tired of hearing all these news articles about things that probably aren't even true that i'm beginning to just wish I didn't hear any more about the almighty Led Zeppelin.
    Agree with this guy. I love the band to death but it's really ****ing tiring to see the same shit reposted every week. I don't even want Zeppelin to "reunite" again. They already did it. It was good, apparently. They have nothing left to prove, they can fade away into the halls of rock fame that they deserve. I hope to god they don't go on one last money-grabbing tour as shadows of their past selves, which is exactly what all these bullshit articles are suggesting. Give it a rest.
    Paddles
    FVD wrote: Ian Gillan continues to kick ass well into his 60's. But agreed with Plant. Rod Stewart is the biggest sissy of all.
    You seem to be confusing Ian Gillan with Rob Halford.
    shattamakar
    heres a thought....wat if led zep got back together for good ....and pink floyd got back together for good....and pink floyd opens for led zeppelin (or maybe the other way around..) in an epic concert , the likes of which has never been seen before
    KingCheesehead
    Paddles wrote: FVD wrote: Ian Gillan continues to kick ass well into his 60's. But agreed with Plant. Rod Stewart is the biggest sissy of all. You seem to be confusing Ian Gillan with Rob Halford.
    I think Gillan sounds better than Halford at this point, in my opinion.
    Paddles
    KingCheesehead wrote: Paddles wrote: FVD wrote: Ian Gillan continues to kick ass well into his 60's. But agreed with Plant. Rod Stewart is the biggest sissy of all. You seem to be confusing Ian Gillan with Rob Halford. I think Gillan sounds better than Halford at this point, in my opinion.
    You think so? I saw Judas Priest in '05 and Halford sounded amazing, whereas every Gillan video I've seen (Deep Purple hasn't decided to grace my city with their presence) has sounded like he struggles with any kind of higher note and sounds nasal in a normal register.
    randyaintdead82
    shattamakar : heres a thought....wat if led zep got back together for good ....and pink floyd got back together for good....and pink floyd opens for led zeppelin (or maybe the other way around..) in an epic concert , the likes of which has never been seen before which means tickets will be 1000 bucks a piece great idea
    vanman118
    randyaintdead82 wrote: shattamakar : heres a thought....wat if led zep got back together for good ....and pink floyd got back together for good....and pink floyd opens for led zeppelin (or maybe the other way around..) in an epic concert , the likes of which has never been seen before which means tickets will be 1000 bucks a piece great idea
    Actually dude there were some supported rumors that they were planing on touring with Pink Floyd, shearch led zeppelin/pink floyd on google img. And not many people know this but there is there is a huge conspiracy behind there practicly all there songs. Its a long story but two main messages in there songs is that, they knew that John Bonham was going to die 10 years in advance. And that robert plant belives that by touring with led Zeppelin he was subjecting himself to hell. So wether it true or not its worth considering, listen to "In my time of dying". BTW if anyone wants to see a vidoe od stairway to heaven backwards its on my profile. myspace.com/headbanger77369
    radioplay
    anyone else wonder why Zep got best live act even though they only played one show? I mean, obviously i love Zeppelin but i saw Foo Fighters a few months back...amazing. And Zep only did one show.But i can imagine how epic of a show it was.
    kingofnima
    dang I already started saving up but maybe there is still a chance.
    I mean, obviously i love Zeppelin but i saw Foo Fighters a few months back...amazing. And Zep only did one show.But i can imagine how epic of a show it was.
    well it's Led Zeppelin hahaha but I mean seriously those old rock & roll bands just deliver shows that are beyond every imagination!! I would do anything just to see them once live. I guess one part is that it just united generations dads took their kids. I mean from what i heard it was just really moving and awesome
    LedZepKicksAzz
    radioplay wrote: anyone else wonder why Zep got best live act even though they only played one show? I mean, obviously i love Zeppelin but i saw Foo Fighters a few months back...amazing. And Zep only did one show.But i can imagine how epic of a show it was.
    Cuz it's Led Fucking Zeppelin
    joshgiesbrecht
    Plants such a ****ing retard. DOn't get me wrong. I love his singing. Fav. singer. But he's pissed because he had other plans and ditched Zep when they wanted a world tour. And now he's all pissed. Gimme a ****ing break
    joshgiesbrecht
    David_Bowie=GOD wrote: even if they hadnt had this falling out, plant still wouldnt do it. He needs to stop being such a little bitch about it. At this point I wouldnt care if they got Chris Cornell to sing for them or some shit, I just wanna see Jimmy play really.
    Amen brother
    Andy_A
    This is BULLSHIT. Robert Plant would not end a so long relationship with Jimmy just cause he was not mentioned at a award ceremony. But it is sad how Robert doesn't seem to care about Led Zeppelin anymore Jimmy is my favourite, he is awesome at what he does and wants to do it so bad. John Paul jones wants to do it and Jason bonham told that he would do it in 1 sec. So all on robert
    David_Bowie=GOD
    even if they hadnt had this falling out, plant still wouldnt do it. He needs to stop being such a little bitch about it. At this point I wouldnt care if they got Chris Cornell to sing for them or some shit, I just wanna see Jimmy play really.
    Garf72
    **** plant, page and john paul jones could easily do something together
    Godbe
    Damn that's a shame, I really wish they'd sort things out, I'd really love the chance to go and see them live, as I'm sure many, many other people would too.
    MAYNARD
    This isn't true at all. The reason they aren't touring, for now, is the same reason the 02 show almost didn't happen. Plant has promotional obligations to take care of. After all the Plant/Krauss stuff is done, Zep will tour.
    Benjammin610
    I would much love a reunion tour...or just one more performance. But i'm so damn tired of hearing all these news articles about things that probably aren't even true that i'm beginning to just wish I didn't hear any more about the almighty Led Zeppelin.
    billruption26
    haha, i just went on the led zeppelin coaster at the hard rock theme park like two weeks ago, i swear those guys must have the most gigantic egos ever.
    Flying Couch
    MAYNARD wrote: This isn't true at all. The reason they aren't touring, for now, is the same reason the 02 show almost didn't happen. Plant has promotional obligations to take care of. After all the Plant/Krauss stuff is done, Zep will tour.
    Seriously. Well, the second part is just 'hopefully,' but...
    travlnmn41
    Plant/Krauss have extended their tour and will likely record a second album. Plant said a reunion tour "would have to be for the right reasons." I really don't think he wants to do Zep again. It'll be just as disappointing as the final episode of "The Sopranos."
    Scorge
    note to self: never read news stories whose headlines end in a question mark....
    areese82
    That Plant/Krauss thing is so lame. Why do all rockers turn into complete sissies when they get old?
    slpknt21
    if this is true,plant needs to worry more about the band and less aobout his ego.
    alliwant
    That's a pretty balls reason. But I suppose egos always ruin these things.