Mustaine Back Santorum For President

He slams other Republican candidates, says Obama is doing a bad job and gives his opinion on the music industry - and reveals an unusual ambition.

Mustaine Back Santorum For President
0
Dave Mustaine has given a candid view on the current Republican candidates, and wants Rick Santorum to be President. "I'm just hoping that whatever is in the White House next year is a Republican," Mustaine told Music Radar. "I can't bear to watch what's happened to our great country. Everybody's got their head in the sand. Everybody in the industry is like, 'Oh, Obama's doing such a great job.' I don't think so." He is suspicious of Mitt Romney, who has a $100 million trust fund for his sons, and thinks Newt Gingrich is just an angry little man. As for Ron Paul? "I heard somebody say he was like insecticide. 98 per cent of it's inert gases, but it's the two per cent that's left that will kill you," he said. "And when he says that we're like the Taliban? I'm sorry, Congressman Paul, but I'm nothing like the Taliban." He continued: "I think Santorum has some presidential qualities, and I'm hoping that if it does come down to it, we'll see a Republican in the White House ... and that it's Rick Santorum." Mustaine went on to reveal his unusual ambition of becoming a major Hollywood actor, before parting with his opinion of the music industry. "If record companies were about breaking bands and selling records instead of just recouping costs, the music business would flourish again. It all comes down to our government and the taxations, what you can say and what you can't say. "MTV doesn't even play music anymore. I remember when I was a kid, you could put MTV on for days and it would be nothing but music."

309 comments sorted by best / new / date

comments policy
    Zan595
    A bit of my respect for him dies every time I read something he says. He's a great musician, but he also happens to ignorant and delusional. I'm not saying this just because of any political disagreements I may have with him, for example, there's also claiming to heal a fan of cancer by touching his throat and praying, his strong belief that religion should forced in schools, previously practicing "black magic"...every article I read on him makes him seem like the most ignorant person alive. I wish he'd stop the bull about politics and just talk about what Megadeth's up to, before I lose all respect for the guy.
    distortyourself
    I like how he picks apart the other candidates for things that aren't relevant to the presidency [Trust Fund, Short Angry Man, 2% of Ron Paul will kill you?] But, then he justifies his choice in Santorum by saying "He has some presidential qualities" Now who REALLY has their head in the sand?
    bassplr19
    Someone should keep his mouth shut, Rick Santorum is the worst possible option...now that Sarah Palin is out of the running.
    mlukeroberts222
    Santorum...Really? Anyone who believes and feels like Santorum that a woman who gets impregnated due to a rape should "make the best of a bad situation" doesn't deserve to be in this universe, much less in the White House.
    EpiExplorer
    When I read 'Mustaine backs Santorum', I thought he'd been in some wierd orgy. (for those who dont know, look up what the word santorum now means)
    iommi600
    "I'm just hoping that whatever is in the White House next year is a Republican,"
    and that, my friends, is what too much religion can do to your brain.
    DamagingExcess
    Dave you're a ****ing moron if you want a piece of shit like Santorum in office. End of story. The man is an absolute bigot
    stepco12345
    I don't express my feelings on here very often, but Santorum is a disgusting human being. Mustaine has sadly been drinking way too much of the metaphorical Kool-Aid.
    tom-the-lawn
    Maybe he's supporting a dumbass so he can write more lyrics about politicans in power being corrupt. But even if this guy wins he'll eventually complain about him as well. Also
    "MTV doesn't even play music anymore. I remember when I was a kid, you could put MTV on for days and it would be nothing but music."
    What does that have to do with anything else in the article? lol
    IWasMaiden93
    Dave, please, you were once my all-time favorite living musician but first Trump and now Santorum? Give me a ****ing break
    RetroGunslinger
    Im not American and all i know about the presidential elections is from watching the news but as far as I can tell every republican candidate is an uneducated lunatic with some completely ridiculous policies. I mean seriously its laughable, and these people could potentially be in power in the most powerful nation on earth? Genuinely quite a scary thought
    Spartan101400
    :facepalm: Mustaine wants to back the candidate that believes the laws of the Bible supersede the laws made in the real world? Does he not realize just how screwed up these Republican candidates are?
    samhell
    BigMikeBDD wrote: People on this message board kill me.
    From what I can tell, most of them are children
    Gibson1983
    Anyway, I'm sorry guys. I forgot that we don't come here because politics divides us, we're here because rock music unites us! So rock on, liberal and conservative metalheads!
    SlayerX114
    Well Dave... you should probably get off the seat of your $2,000 jeans and out of your million dollar jet; maybe start paying attention
    samhell
    Come on... there is nothing but superficial differences between the Republicans and Democrats. Think about it. Who is making all the rules, and who has the money? It isn't We The People, it is the bureaucrats and their cronies, no matter which side of the coin they pretend to play. They F us over and rob us and laugh all the way to the bank, which they "bail out" with the money they stole from us. Both of them wipe their butts with our Constitution. I think people in general either fall to the left or right and these guys figured out how to capitalize on that. Well, not really figure it out like its something new... divide and conquer is an ancient tactic. People are so snowed and polarized its kind of pathetic. Our Constitution is quite clear about what is acceptable in this country and most people today, on either side, just seem to ignore it.
    Gibson1983
    Republicans on this forum, explain to me why in Europe taxes are up to 56% for the rich, and those rich people are still there, they haven't fled the country, haven't even started an angry populist movement, instead they are still rich and happy, and they invest and employ. And before anyone starts pointing to the disaster of Greece, may I add that taxes are actually highest in Scandinavia, Germany, Switzerland and the Netherlands, exactly the countries that are doing quite well these days and have retained their AAA-ratings, and which continue to rank in the top-10 of countries with the highest living standards? More equality amongst citizens means more wellbeing, more wellbeing is a high living standard. And then there is still enough room left between the lowest and the highest income to stimulate entrepreneurship, investment and risk-taking.
    kaosxrocker
    For the people asking why no one good is running, it's because we've turned election season into entertainment. It's a goddamn reality show now. Ultimately, we don't give a shit about their policies, it's a popularity contest. The people who run just want to be elected. The only candidate who I believe is actually running because he wants to help the country is Ron Paul. However, he would end up screwing us over in the end. Everyone else just wants the glory. We're becoming Idiocracy, people.
    westley23j
    BigMikeBDD wrote: People on this message board kill me. If you step out in to the real world, where most of the people are actually normal and don't thrive on anti-religious lyrics, you will find the majority of the US strives for decent values. If the self proclaimed "atheists" would step outside of that religious hatred, they will find that like most Americans, they likely agree with the majority which is not those that support the Liberal machine. I'd bet any amount of money I could ask most on this message board 5 political questions, which none could answer without looking up. The political knowledge that flows in this country is ignorant at best. This is how Obama got elected to begin with. People need to get their heads out of the sand.
    Id like to buy you a beer.
    royalewcheese35
    type "Santorum" into google or any search engine and click on the first link that pops up. That should tell you all about santorum that you need to know. haha
    Gibson1983
    MTV doesn't even play music anymore! Goddammit Obama! The country isn't doing bad because of Obama. The country is doing bad because of Reagan, Bush, Clinton and Bush. The country hasn't totally collapsed yet because of Obama. The country's woes cannot be fixed by lowering taxes for the rich.
    SwirlingSwahili
    If Rick Santorum wins the election, I will honestly consider moving to a different country. I would be too ashamed of our homophobic, bigot president to live in America. It blows my mind how some people actually support him.. Also, Dave is a dumbass, haha.
    led_sevenfold
    When dave was a kid there was no mtv, didnt it start in the 80s and he would be in his twentys?
    samhell
    RetroGunslinger wrote: Im not American and all i know about the presidential elections is from watching the news but as far as I can tell every republican candidate is an uneducated lunatic with some completely ridiculous policies. I mean seriously its laughable, and these people could potentially be in power in the most powerful nation on earth? Genuinely quite a scary thought
    You do know at least one of them is a practicing doctor with a PhD right? Others run multi-million dollar businesses, but you knew that too right? No much for your "news" sources...
    BabrahamLincoln
    For a smart guy, Mustaine is an idiot... Comments like "We're like the Taliban" from Ron Paul are not meant to be taken literally. Santorum is just as corrupt as the rest of the bunch... Ron Paul is the only one challenging the status quo in search of smaller government (more rights &liberties for the people.) It should tell us something that ALL the major news networks and websites exclude congressman Paul every chance they get. And when his name is mentioned, they laugh or voice their disdain. It's clear they are threatened by him. And when the organizers of our slow genocide are threatened by someone, it's absolutely imperative that we, the people, realize this and do everything we can to get this man into office. We can affect more than we think. We have power in numbers as well as the power of purchases. Start buying only organic foods (or grow your own), clothes, invest in sustainable energy, water etc. and buy from local merchants. The more money corporations get, the worse it's gonna get. I'm just generalizing here, but we need to educate ourselves and stop taking everyone at their word, mine included. Sorry to rant. This is a guitar site after all. haha
    guitar7masta
    this is the problem samhell, you think it's some kind of war on the rich. nobody wants to "take away" what your boss has made. he obviously lives a comfortable life now, and could afford a small raise in taxes. i'm saying this mostly because of the state the economy is in. how would "working 2 percent harder" at their low paying job increase their paycheck? it is literally impossible for everyone to have the opportunity to become a million-air. it is statistically impossible for everyone to become rich and live a happy life. doing drugs have absolutely nothing to do with it, and it just goes to show how much hate you have for the poor by assuming they are all in this predicament because they got high. there are plenty of rich people that do drugs all the time, but wait, if they're high, how did they get all that money? it's completely irrelevant. how about those stories about people whose parents died, or something just as traumatic, which forces the oldest sibling to drop out of school to pay for the family, rather than have CPS put them in a foster home? or people trying to make something of themselves only to be blind sided by an expensive illness, like cancer? so many things can happen to throw someone off track. life isn't fair, which is why we all have to stick together, help each other out as much as we can. if you have to ability to give more money, then do it, because i know i would. there is no reason anybody needs to hoard away money when they won't even be able to use most of it in their lives. once again, we are only asking for 2 percent more. not a 90 percent rate, not 60, or even 50. just 37, the rate they were all originally at a decade ago. i didn't hear any complaining then, aside from wall street day traders, and major ceo's, whom quite frankly with their income would hardly even notice a 2 percent raise.
    kylealex09
    guitar7masta wrote: MetalliBob1989 wrote: It's funny how the comments section turns into a leftist circle jerk... To prevent more delusional responses I'd like to point out that #1, I'm not religious and #2 Not a republican...The main problem with his analysis is his dismissal of Ron Paul. Additionally, people who think that Obama's economic policies are better than the Republican candidates', are in for a big surprise in a couple years. Keynesian economic stimuli only work temporarily and, when combined with our massive debt, leave us even less able to cope with future recessions. This is especially tragic as we will most likely experience a double dip recession in the near future. you call everybody else delusional, then voice your support for RON PAUL?! i'm sick of people acting like ron paul will be our holy savior, he has maybe 2 or 3 genuinely good ideas, but for the most part he is bat shit crazy. stop focusing on only his good ideas. ron paul is another one that will ruin the country. we, as americans, have no good candidate to choose from. they are all corrupt.
    HAHAHA. What in thee right mind makes you think Ron Paul will ruin the country?! No you're right. I don't want the guy who has been in congress for years. Who was a doctor before becoming a congressman. Who actually served 5 years in the military. Who would want the only candidate that has the MOST donations from the American troops than the other candidates COMBINED. He even has more than Obama. Why would you vote for a guy who wants to pull our troops out of all these different countries and bring them here to build up defense WHILE cutting the outrageous spending on keeping them in those countries? Don't get me started on his idea of cutting the federal reserve! You know the thing that just prints off money that we don't have creating more debt. You're right I should just vote for Santorum or who ever else is thrown at me.
    Root Beer
    BigMikeBDD wrote: People on this message board kill me. If you step out in to the real world, where most of the people are actually normal and don't thrive on anti-religious lyrics, you will find the majority of the US strives for decent values. If the self proclaimed "atheists" would step outside of that religious hatred, they will find that like most Americans, they likely agree with the majority which is not those that support the Liberal machine. I'd bet any amount of money I could ask most on this message board 5 political questions, which none could answer without looking up. The political knowledge that flows in this country is ignorant at best. This is how Obama got elected to begin with. People need to get their heads out of the sand.
    My thoughts exactly. People, especially die-hard atheists and even religious fanatics, need to get their heads out of their collective asses and look at things OBJECTIVELY.
    fede01_8
    even if you don't like Obama, you gotta admit that he's a better choice than the nutjobs at the other side of the fence
    guitar7masta
    samhell wrote: Ah, youthful ignorance. How do you think the rich got to be rich? Who owns the companies? Who has the jobs? Please point to where poor working class families pay %30 in taxes. The poor people I know pay nothing in taxes and then still somehow wind up with earned income credit (pay no taxes, but file deductions and "get money back"). Rich people want to be rich. So if you start taking their money away, they are just going to get it back from other sources. I can't believe anyone is so delusional to think that this is not true. How many rich people do you know? I know many. They are going to be rich whether you like it or not. And believe me, they have no problems slashing more jobs or investing their money in other places where they won't be robbed. The CFO from Qualcomm just posted a video about this recently...
    so, essentially what you are saying is, the rich will always find a way to scam people out of money, so we should just forget about it and let them do it? as for your comment regarding the poor, i assume you are talking about welfare recipients and such? because i agree that ALSO needs a great overhaul, because we are losing a lot of money to people that are abusing that system. i'm NOT trying to STOP rich people from becoming rich, that's just another stupid republican talking point. all i suggest is that they PAY their FAIR SHARE. the government needs the tax revenue, not us. i also like how you say youthful ignorance to make you feel better about yourself. it feels nice insulting someone online knowing there are no repercussions, doesn't it?
    BloodCellZ
    Mustaine is such a wanker. Sometimes I think he says these stupid things on purpose.
    samhell
    Gibson1983 wrote: Anyway, I'm sorry guys. I forgot that we don't come here because politics divides us, we're here because rock music unites us! So rock on, liberal and conservative metalheads!
    Yeah you make a good point. I just get caught up in it because I really bust my ass to earn things and make good decisions to have what I have and when people talk about me having to give up what I have earned to someone who didn't, or is just unlucky, it infuriates me. Its highly offensive to me.
    Michael Stewart
    RetroGunslinger wrote: Im not American and all i know about the presidential elections is from watching the news but as far as I can tell every republican candidate is an uneducated lunatic with some completely ridiculous policies. I mean seriously its laughable, and these people could potentially be in power in the most powerful nation on earth? Genuinely quite a scary thought
    yes, ron Paul is uneducated. That's why he is a doctor. He must have found his degree on the side of the road.
    oldmetallica
    politicians do not give a flying **** about you or your family. they care about the money and power that comes there way. they work for the big banks of the world and will do everything they can to get what they want..which is more power and money. except Ron Paul obviously.. hes the only one that wants to end the wars, the fed, all that bullshit. hes the only one that wants to make Gov. smaller! hes the only one thats been saying the same shit and sticking to his principles for like 40 years.
    nboyjn
    Rick Santorum 2012!!! i cant WAIT to have a policy on anal sex..... ****in dumbass
    salcedo305
    t
    Iommianity wrote: G-money!$ wrote: Spartan101400 wrote: :facepalm: Mustaine wants to back the candidate that believes the laws of the Bible supersede the laws made in the real world? Does he not realize just how screwed up these Republican candidates are? Don't you realize that whether you believe the laws of the bible are valid or not, that our country's laws are solely based upon them? Every single man who signed our Declaration of Independence was a christian, and believed in the same principles Dave and myself believe. Tell me I'm wrong. Please. I realize you may think I'm blinded by religion as RetroGunslinger has mentioned, but I believed this prior to becoming a christian. Why? Because it makes sense. The laws in the bible are moral (referring to the ten commandments) and can be used as the basis for any governmental system of laws. I rust in peace. I'd tell you you're wrong, but then I'd have to cite myself.
    Uhm...every single man that signed the declaration of independence was def NOT CHRISTIAN...stop typing with your head up your ass.
    DimeLvR
    Dave is an Idiot, Rick stands for everything Dave wrote anti political lyrics about, talk about hypocrisy at its best. See the problem is Government spending, Both sides need to cut. The Dems don't want to cut the handouts, and the Repubs don't want to cut military/overseas spending in any shape or form. Ron Paul wants to cut from both sides, shrink Federal (not to be confused with State)Government to what the Constitution dictates. I dont agree with everything the man believes in, but He is honest and stands behind his principals if you like them or not, he is unwavering and cannot be bought. That means a lot to me. He is a rarity that is hardly ever seen on the political spectrum. If he were president you would know he is telling you the truth good or bad. Honesty and the mans character matters to me more than talking points.
    kylealex09
    kylealex09 wrote: guitar7masta wrote: MetalliBob1989 wrote: i agree with obama's idea of taxing anybody that makes over 250,000 a year with a 37 percent tax rate. While I don't believe its best for growth, that may be the only way to get out of our debt....The problem is that Obama, despite what he says, will not do nearly enough to reign in spending. All he talks about are military cuts, which although some may be needed, are insignificant to the cost of future entitlement spending, which he has done nothing to stop. i agree he hasn't done enough, which is why i still don't know who to vote for. overall i've still been pretty disappointed with his presidency. some of it though, can be clearly blamed for republicans blocking literally everything he tries to do. @kylealex09 - you, do not know how to read, do you. and since when does having military experience immediately guarantee a successful presidency? what does being a doctor have anything to do with it? why wouldn't i vote for someone to pull the troops out? what are you even saying here? both obama and ron paul want to do it, and i'll bet my life that ron won't do it any faster than obama, whom has pulled the troops out of iraq. and i am not, in any way, saying you should just vote for some random person thrown at you. infact, that was the ENTIRE POINT of my comment. I don't know how to read? HAHA. I never once said it guarantees anything. I was stating, if I am going to vote for someone who decides how are troops are used, then I want someone who knows something about the military. He has the best foreign policy ideas. Pulling out of every country we occupy is dumb? That would cut so much spending. Obama pulled the troops out of Iraq BUT only to start another war with Iran.
    I am not voting for who is ever thrown at me. Paul is the only candidate that has not been thrown at us. Every week it's someone new. Paul is almost doesn't exist to the media because of how little coverage he gets. He is literally in second place. Santorum is not even on the ballot in 5 stats so far! You know something isn't right when the media purposely hides Paul constantly. Doesn't that make you think? Santorum is thee biggest joke but yet he is covered all over the place but someone like Paul who has different ideas than anyone else running isn't getting half the coverage.
    samhell
    Punkhuskie6 wrote: Ron Paul would be a terrible president. He would leave the federal government with basically no power. Its an absolute joke. He has been in congress for 30 years now and has passed once piece of legislation. He would take office, and then make the states do everything. He is a terrible option.
    Not sure if serious... This is EXACTLY what the Federal government is supposed to be, small and powerless. They are privy only to the powers laid out in the Constitution and are actually expressly forbidden from anything beyond it. Anything not forbidden is passed on to the States to govern. Its all right there in the document, black and white and in plain English.
    Eifler121
    I'm honestly amazed we can't come up with a Republican candidate who can't be beat Obama. Not one has shown a positive quality yet.
    RATMfan420
    Santorum- Bought and paid for by Wall Street Romney- Bought and paid for by Wall Street Ginrich- Bought and paid for by Wall Street Paul- Highest donations from the American Military of all candidates, including President Barack Obama. So let me guess, the folks in the military are "looney idiots"? Now thats not quite supporting the troops, now is it? Its hilarious to me that we live in a country that touts itself as land of the free, then you get the one candidate that refuses corporate donations to his campaign, the one whos voting record shows strict adherance to the constitution, and he is considered "Nuts". I guess the idea of liberty is truely "looney". Ron Paul 2012!