Nikki Sixx Slams Kirk Cameron Over 'Gay-Bashing' Comments

Mtley Cre bassist Nikki Sixx has slammed actor Kirk Cameron as "a-shole of the week" after the star called homosexuality "unnatural" and "detrimental".

Nikki Sixx Slams Kirk Cameron Over 'Gay-Bashing' Comments
15
According to Blabbermouth.net, Mtley Cre bassist Nikki Sixx has slammed actor Kirk Cameron as "a-shole of the week" after the former "Growing Pains" star called homosexuality "unnatural" and "detrimental". Cameron, who is an evangelical Christian, spoke out against homosexuality during an interview on CNN's "Piers Morgan Tonight" on Friday, March 2 (see video below). When host Piers Morgan asked the actor if he was against gay marriage, Cameron replied, "Marriage is almost as old as dirt, and it was defined in the garden between Adam and Eve. One man, one woman for life 'till death do you part. So do I support the idea of gay marriage? No, I don't." Cameron then responded to further questions from Piers, telling Morgan, "I think that [homosexuality], it's, it's unnatural. I think that it's, it's detrimental, and ultimately destructive to so many of the foundations of civilization." In the days since the interview, a number of other celebrities have shared their own take on the topic of homosexuality and gay marriage. In a series of tweets on Sunday, Sixx added his two cents to the debate, writing, "Kirk Cameron, asshole of the week. I get the 'Freedom of speech' tweets from you guys... I just have a really hard time excepting [sic] people bashing gay marriage. Love Is Love."

195 comments sorted by best / new / date

comments policy
    Rick_Diculous
    If gays were allowed to marry, it would tarnish the institution of marriage that is being upheld so strongly by Newt Gingrich and Kim Kardashian.
    DesertEagle
    Fair call by Nikki I'd say. But I also have to add, when did we start giving a shit about a) Piers Morgan b) c list "Celebrity's" opinion on such debated subjects?
    jurnag12
    PAsistem wrote: God is an old man with a big bushy beard. He created the universe and he HATES gays. That's all I know.
    Which is interesting. You'd think that if God had such a problem with homosexuality then, well, it didn't exist.
    transplants182
    reaper08 wrote: Continued. How the hell is homosexuality unnatural? Animals can be homosexual, infact a lot of animals are, but thats nature, and nature doesnt have anything to do with what is "Natural". How is it destructive, is a gay couple gonna light churches on fire, or commit murders in every civilisation? This is just a way of trying to cover up their intolerance. Ask a christian, any christian, and all their support is "the bible says so!" Stop living your life and values in a stupid book and start accepting that there is nothing wrong with this. Hell my family are still Catholic and we have many gay friends who are also christian!!! I would honestly not give a **** about religion if it werent so intolerant. I would probably join a religion just for the sake of it. But know, all it is, is a way of controlling your life because some **** back in the B.C era decided he didnt like it. It is that simple, **** off Kirk Cameron you stupid little dick.
    You preach tolerance but you can't tolerate someone having a different opinion than you.
    ThisBoy91
    haygoe wrote: being gay is wrong and gross
    You spelled your name wrong. It's gayhoe not haygoe.
    transplants182
    reaper08 wrote: Ok I will say this: If I have offended you then I am truly sorry, no really I am. But my main argument here is, why believe that 2 people shouldnt be together because of their sexual preference. Christians always seem to avoid hearing out homosexuals. They just think "Oh he is gay he wants to **** every guy on the planet especially children! dam thee to hell!" Gays dont want to **** you or your children. They just want to love someone they are attracted to and be accepted for doing so. It is no difference than a man loving a woman. How can you follow such an ancient value? Yeah when I was Catholic I didnt believe anything in the bible except for "Thou shall not steal, commit adultery etc" I went to scripture at school where they taught us that. Never once did they mention gays as an abomination. It feels like you cant reason with Christians anymore because they dont want to listen. Im not shut to the idea of there being a God, Im not saying that we can prove he doesnt exist. Its about time the world realise that all these things were written 2000 years ago in the middle-east. Sure it makes great mythology but its not literal. Anyway Im done for the night.
    I don't know if you were referring to me but I'm not offended. I am a Christian and I do not hate homosexuals nor do I know or care if it is wrong. It seems like Christians are considered intolerant because the ones who say something controversial are the only ones that make the news. When they say stuff like this, it turns everyone off to Christianity immediately. Thank you for taking the time to explain yourself more. I'm not offended at all, I'm just sick of being represented by people like Westboro Baptist when the Christians who try to live by love and tolerance are buried cause we have no voice.
    reaper08
    This is why I hate Christianity, coming from a catholic heritage, I dropped my religion as soon as I saw how intolerant some Christians are. Seriously a man or a woman cant marry someone of the same gender because a book written in a time vastly different to ours, tells them that a magical being says that it is wrong? Wake the **** up people, the Bible is just a load of horse crap, and yeah many christians are going to dislike this straight away, well I say go ahead and be the **** head of an ***** who cant let 2 people be happy otherwise they will burn in a pit of fire for eternity.
    calliscope
    reaper08 wrote: This is why I hate Christianity, coming from a catholic heritage, I dropped my religion as soon as I saw how intolerant some Christians are.
    You might as well just hate intolerance and leave christianity alone (I'm lazy, so I tend to hate the strict minimum )
    jurnag12
    YOu know what Kirk, since when are movies, which come forth from technology, more natural than naturally-occuring human behaviour? That suit you're wearing, was it made from 100% natural fibers? Our entire modern civilization, is it 100% natural? No it f*cking isn't! Using 'unnatural' as a negative connotation is the most backwards statement you can make!
    spiff-corgi
    Come back to read through the comments and it really perplexes me that people don't get what's wrong with the whole "freedom of speech" defence. If you had a kid who was gay and you found out he'd had kids at school calling him "unnatural" and "dangerous to society" would you go, "oh it's cool they're just expressing their opinions" or would you say "that is a horrible thing to say and people should not be allowed to say it"?
    Underjoggle
    Clayden82 wrote: If homosexuality was natural then two men or two women would be able to reproduce, and they can't!!! Homosexuality is unnatural because if the entire would was homosexual then humanity would be extinct in 80 years!!!!!
    Yeah, we shouldn't let the elderly or infertile people get married either. We only have marriage for reproduction.
    mschup27
    haygoe wrote: ThisBoy91 wrote: haygoe wrote: ThisBoy91 wrote: haygoe wrote: being gay is wrong and gross You spelled your name wrong. It's gayhoe not haygoe. Fuck you you piece of shit So you want to **** me, but you hate gays. No wonder you're so angry, you're so confused. Your just a bitchy little piece of shit thats all and **** off you know what i meant asswipe
    Lol this shit is getting too funny
    reaper08
    Continued. How the hell is homosexuality unnatural? Animals can be homosexual, infact a lot of animals are, but thats nature, and nature doesnt have anything to do with what is "Natural". How is it destructive, is a gay couple gonna light churches on fire, or commit murders in every civilisation? This is just a way of trying to cover up their intolerance. Ask a christian, any christian, and all their support is "the bible says so!" Stop living your life and values in a stupid book and start accepting that there is nothing wrong with this. Hell my family are still Catholic and we have many gay friends who are also christian!!! I would honestly not give a **** about religion if it werent so intolerant. I would probably join a religion just for the sake of it. But know, all it is, is a way of controlling your life because some **** back in the B.C era decided he didnt like it. It is that simple, **** off Kirk Cameron you stupid little dick.
    Hardcoregamer16
    i think its sad yet funny that people feel that they have a right to tell other people how to live there life. yet they do horrible things like destroy there kids minds, have sex with 5 year old boys, kill in the name of GOD, preach hate to there kids and everyone around them. people need to stop preaching hate and learn to accept others for being different.
    tennesseehild
    This really wasn't a bash. JS. As far as the moral debate on homosexuality. There could be an unnatural disconnect in the cranial cavity, but who's to say wanting to have hetero intercourse isn't unnatural. Hell maybe that's why we're so overpopulated is because heterosexuals are freaks of nature. Bottom line who gives two pisses or a squirt if you're gay or not so long as you're not imposing your own believes on those not wanting them.$10 says Cameron's masturbated at some point in his life and that's against the bible to let your seed spill on the earth (or tissue)
    reaper08
    An opinion that is pointless? An opinion that does no good to the world or its people? Yeah I am intolerant of people who have such ridiculous values. If a man kissed another man in front of you, would that change your life drastically? would that damage you and your family and everyone you have ever loved? If you have any sense, then you would realise just how stupid this argument is, that 2 people want to be happy but cant be because a book says so.
    RockInPeaceDime
    Because humans are capable of doing things that are unnatural. The concept itself makes no sense, as if we can somehow separate ourselves from nature. Everything we do is natural...that's all it can be.
    Eifler121
    Do people not understand that the Bible has only a few tiny parts that even bring up homosexuality. The majority of athiests on this site behave as if the entire book is about hating gays and everyone who's not Christian. Jews don't believe in hell or the devil, so there is no mention of gays burning in hellfire in the old testament, and Jesus preached to love all sinners, because everyone is a sinner. All the Bible says is that having gay relations is sinful. Lying, disrespecting your parents, adultry, stealing, blaspheming, and the use of idols or mediums are sins to. People lie everyday, talk back to their parents everyday, the music industry is crashing, people say god-damn everyday, and the Pope exists. That being said, I think gays, as far as the Bible is concerned, aren't as far in the deep end as atheists think and some Christians preach.
    transplants182
    spiff-corgi wrote: transplants182 wrote: You preach tolerance but you can't tolerate someone having a different opinion than you. What kind of a ****ed up logic is that, pal? By that logic it's OK to let racism occur because it's just someone expressing their opinion. Free speech is good on issues such as the economy, but when someone incites hate through ignorance to groups of people, it SHOULDN'T be tolerated. It may be hard to get your head round, but in order to stamp out intolerance you have to be intolerant.
    Calm down dude. I don't care if the reaper08 guy is upset with people who don't support gay marriage. Christians are a group of people also, who are constantly misrepresented by some douche shooting his mouth off. But there's no reason to call him a "stupid dick" and say that the Bible is some stupid book.
    swarriner
    Kirk Cameron also believes the earth is only 4,000 years old, why does this clown get any airtime.
    jurnag12
    nailsarecruel wrote: Get Kirk to talk more about Crocoduck. That's a cool idea that needs to be further developed. It's leagues more interesting than hearing how the world is crumbling because some guys like to swordfight in the locker room and some girls' hearts start racing at the sight of some freshly cut wool.
    Mostly because this is about denying people their rights. Crocoduck is just Kirk Cameron being an idiot and misunderstanding evolution/natural selection.
    hansome21
    Hamburger89 wrote: The only reason the old testament says stuff about marriage is only for a man and a woman is simple. Before the old testament people were out of control, man, woman, goat, it didn't matter. They needed direction in how to pro create. I don't think modern society needs to be taught how to get a baby.
    I like your statement. But I think it's wrong. We have been on this earth for 40,000 years. 38,000 before the old testament. I am pretty sure we would not have survived for 38,000 years by being morons who **** goats. Quite simply, humans have terrible bodies for survival. We depend on each other. We do not need direction to 'pro create'. Keep me away from women for a year, hell a month. I will have a raging boner so big it should be considered a weapon. We do not need help pro creating. The massive over population in china (which has almost zero religious influence) is proof of that.
    guitar7masta
    )ThunderhorsE( wrote: reaper08 wrote: Continued. How the hell is homosexuality unnatural? Animals can be homosexual, infact a lot of animals are, but thats nature, and nature doesnt have anything to do with what is "Natural". How is it destructive, is a gay couple gonna light churches on fire, or commit murders in every civilisation? This is just a way of trying to cover up their intolerance. Ask a christian, any christian, and all their support is "the bible says so!" Stop living your life and values in a stupid book and start accepting that there is nothing wrong with this. Hell my family are still Catholic and we have many gay friends who are also christian!!! I would honestly not give a **** about religion if it werent so intolerant. I would probably join a religion just for the sake of it. But know, all it is, is a way of controlling your life because some **** back in the B.C era decided he didnt like it. It is that simple, **** off Kirk Cameron you stupid little dick. I love how beautifully tolerant you *****s are as soon as somebody DOESN'T AGREE WITH YOU. pull your head out you sad ****ing hypocrites. for the record, I fully support gay marriage, but honestly you aren't any better than them.
    sure, his quote was filled with vulgarities, but he speaks the truth. this is more than just a "disagreement". this is a group of people that are discriminating another group, treating them as lower class citizens. it is wrong, and should not be tolerated, regardless of what god you believe in.
    onetonryan
    spiff-corgi wrote: Motorhed95 wrote: anger leads to hate. Hate leads to sufferrrrring.
    The force is strong with you.
    ThisBoy91
    Clayden82 wrote: If homosexuality was natural then two men or two women would be able to reproduce, and they can't!!! Homosexuality is unnatural because if the entire would was homosexual then humanity would be extinct in 80 years!!!!!
    Actually, just because they want to do it with men, it doesn't mean they can't do it with women. So I reckon if a few were willing to take one for the team, they'd sleep with the opposite sex. They're gay, not bloody stupid.
    S2S
    iommi600 wrote: And btw, that's why I can't even stand Christianism.
    Hahahaha you said "Christianism" hahahaha!
    jonern
    I'm a christian... And I do support gay marriage. And a lot of other stuff that some christians may find unacceptable.
    Abacus11
    "Marriage is almost as old as dirt, and it was defined in the garden between Adam and Eve." HAHAHA do these people have any idea how insane they sound?!?! Using weird mythology to back up your bigotry and hatred isn't working. What a joke.
    spiff-corgi
    Homosexuality is so unnatural and that's why it's actually documented in wild animals, and why in ancient Rome, for example, it was common for men to have sex with men for pleasure and with women for procreation. But then again this says everything you need to know about the dude's logic:
    Cameron, who is an evangelical Christian
    hotdogs585
    its just his personal opinion on gays. he was asked a question and he gave his personal opinion, it's not like he's out joining the KKK trying to commit hate crimes.
    ThisBoy91
    centermass wrote: f@#% off nikki since when can"t someone speak their beliefs when asked? it amazes me how much people talk about tolerance and to be accepting of someone else's beliefs and as soon as someone says they don't believe in that. those very same two faced ass holes start chiming in about what a douche that person is for not accepting what they accept. can you say irony?
    Irony.
    spiff-corgi
    Also, call me controversial and a militant atheist but I think anyone that defines and teaches anything to their kids based on an assumption that we were created 6000 years ago in the Garden of Eden and all descend from 2 people (i.e. we're one huge inbred family) isn't fit to be a parent.
    Meta1H3ad
    Kirk Cameron is right down there with Rush Limbaugh after he called a girl a slut. He just cannot come up with 1 fact, other than his religious/political bias to tell why he is against gay marriage. The guys a TOTAL tool, I think the republican party needs to dissipate already.
    reaper08
    Ok I will say this: If I have offended you then I am truly sorry, no really I am. But my main argument here is, why believe that 2 people shouldnt be together because of their sexual preference. Christians always seem to avoid hearing out homosexuals. They just think "Oh he is gay he wants to **** every guy on the planet especially children! dam thee to hell!" Gays dont want to **** you or your children. They just want to love someone they are attracted to and be accepted for doing so. It is no difference than a man loving a woman. How can you follow such an ancient value? Yeah when I was Catholic I didnt believe anything in the bible except for "Thou shall not steal, commit adultery etc" I went to scripture at school where they taught us that. Never once did they mention gays as an abomination. It feels like you cant reason with Christians anymore because they dont want to listen. Im not shut to the idea of there being a God, Im not saying that we can prove he doesnt exist. Its about time the world realise that all these things were written 2000 years ago in the middle-east. Sure it makes great mythology but its not literal. Anyway Im done for the night.
    PAsistem
    God is an old man with a big bushy beard. He created the universe and he HATES gays. That's all I know.
    ThisBoy91
    haygoe wrote: well might as well be to each othe now I mean **** it its not too fun being only beliver of god on this page lol you know what I mean oh well god bless and have a good rest of your life....
    I want you to know, I have nothing against religion, just intolerance. Thank you, you have a nice peaceful life too
    Spychosis
    Whoa there. Kirk Cameron has been saying that exact same thing for years. Why is anyone shocked and appauled that he's saying this?
    Clayden82
    fede01_8 wrote: not surprising, considering that Mtley Cre are the gayest band ever! bwahahah
    How can you call them the gayest band ever when between them they have probably scored more chicks in one month than you can ever hope to in your entire life!!
    Sparda93
    I`d rather let two guys who really do love eachother get married than a muslim girl being forced to marry someone she hates.
    spiff-corgi
    Kenjamin91 wrote: spiff-corgi wrote: Come back to read through the comments and it really perplexes me that people don't get what's wrong with the whole "freedom of speech" defence. If you had a kid who was gay and you found out he'd had kids at school calling him "unnatural" and "dangerous to society" would you go, "oh it's cool they're just expressing their opinions" or would you say "that is a horrible thing to say and people should not be allowed to say it"? That's very different. It was an interview and he was asked a question. He answered. In school, kids will say things like that at their own will just to harass others. That's not a freedom of speech issue. It's a kids can be immature *****s issue.
    But what if the kids got it from their parents who got their information from outspoken *****s who said that stuff on the TV. Are you beginning to see the picture form? By giving homophobic people the same time of day as the rational people you aren't "promoting free speech" you're promoting one view that's intolerant against one that's reasoned without distinguishing between the two. Not everyone is smart enough to know which is the rational side, so by spreading opinion disguised as fact you are influencing millions of stupid people. Don't people see how dangerous that is?
    jamie_hough
    Woah Woah Woah, ok hang on, am I on crack or something cause for the first time in my life I agreed with Piers f'ing Morgan? Oh well regardless, as far as Im concerned its fairly obvious that people who are against homosexuality need to stop whining. I understand freedom of speech is important and I would never take it away even when it verges on hatespeech like this (sort of), but jeez these christians need to chill out.
    thf24
    Pretty sure homosexuality has never led to the fall of any civilization, with maybe the exception of some backwards tribal situation no one's heard of. Just to address one of the many falsehoods in Cameron's few quotes. I'm sure it's all well-documented in Christianity's 2000 year old book of second-hand accounts, though.
    fede01_8
    not surprising, considering that Mtley Cre are the gayest band ever! bwahahah