Puddle Of Mudd Frontman Charged With Cocaine Possession

Puddle Of Mudd frontman Wes Scantlin has been charged with cocaine possession, according to reports.

Puddle Of Mudd Frontman Charged With Cocaine Possession
45
Puddle Of Mudd frontman Wes Scantlin has been charged with cocaine possession, according to reports. According to US gossip website TMZ, Scantlin, who is 39 years old, has been charged with possession of a controlled substance as well as being under the influence of a controlled substance and driving without a license. Scantlin, who has already pleaded not guilty to the charges, will appear in court again later this week. If convicted on all counts, he faces up to four and a half years in prison. Scantlin was arrested on January 12 this year after being pulled over at 3am in Culver City, California by police for an unknown traffic offence. Police then searched his car and are reported to have found a controlled substance, which allegedly consisted of powder and pills. There is no mention of pills in the charge. Puddle Of Mudd most recently released a covers album, which was titled "Re(disc)overed". That came out in August 2011 and included covers of AC/DC's "TNT", Elton John's "Rocket Man", The Rolling Stones' "Gimme Shelter", Free's "All Right Now" and Stevie Nicks' "Stop Draggin' My Heart Around". Thanks for the report to NME.com.

60 comments sorted by best / new / date

comments policy
    thejester
    strat0blaster wrote: C'mon, justice system. Cut the guy a break. I mean, if anyone deserves to snort cocaine to escape life, it has to be a guy whose life includes being in Puddle of Mudd.
    I know right, i would hate being in a multi-platinum album selling band too.
    bradd101
    Bloody hell. I remember when I found out about the story behind "Blurry" I felt bad for him, for having his son taken away from him. But Jesus, when he pulls this crap, is he really expecting anything good to happen?
    goth clash
    shredder3386 wrote: Did they take it all awayyyyy?
    Nahhh, they shoved it in his face...
    SpaceJunkie
    personally I dont think a 39 yr old should be doing coke, your heart can only take it for so long. Time to switch drugs lol
    Tonganation
    goth clash wrote: shredder3386 wrote: Did they take it all awayyyyy? Nahhh, they shoved it in his face...
    Shoved what? The pain they gave to him?
    mschup27
    hooligan354 wrote: I love how people come on here and slam someone for being in a shit band. Do you even realize how truly jealous you sound?? How about you get up and leave your parents' basement, leave your spiteful, jealous, high-school attitude in that basement and free yourself. Shit band, maybe. Leading a band for a living, better than sitting at home and bitching about who's in a shit band. Dude, free yourself.
    I've made this point before, but I guess it must be reiterated. Not everyone on this sight aspires to be multi-platinum selling recording artists. For me, I would rather retain some integrity and not play the type of music that nickelback and puddle of mudd etc. play, just to become rich and famous. And I love it when these people make comments such as "leave your parents basements," and "free yourself," with no prior knowledge of the person they are talking to. Just because dude doesn't like puddle of mudd doesn't mean they are some kind of jealous bum. How could you possibly know that?
    Krieger91
    Oh God! This so new! I am so shocked that I have to reavuluate everything I thought I knew about singers, the world, God and the Universe..
    strat0blaster
    C'mon, justice system. Cut the guy a break. I mean, if anyone deserves to snort cocaine to escape life, it has to be a guy whose life includes being in Puddle of Mudd.
    stef123
    mooseknuckle123 wrote: well, at least he'll like the way they smack his ass in jail...
    AHAHAHAHAHA brilliant mate! Looks like his coke usage went well for a week or two
    vppark2
    Coming from a guy who did a song called "Spaceship" and had these lyrics in it, "So lets get it over and just get naked With sweat dripping down your little back Im a Holy roller and I own the spaceship So let me take you for a little ride Ride, ride-ey-yea-yea-yeah alright" Im not surprised about the news here...
    ryan21947
    thejester wrote: strat0blaster wrote: C'mon, justice system. Cut the guy a break. I mean, if anyone deserves to snort cocaine to escape life, it has to be a guy whose life includes being in Puddle of Mudd. I know right, i would hate being in a multi-platinum album selling band too.
    Nickelback is also a multi-platinum selling band. What exactly is your point here.
    skylerjames13
    ryan21947 wrote: Nickelback is also a multi-platinum selling band. What exactly is your point here.
    That they are doing something right.
    Reagar
    mschup27 wrote: hooligan354 wrote: I love how people come on here and slam someone for being in a shit band. Do you even realize how truly jealous you sound?? How about you get up and leave your parents' basement, leave your spiteful, jealous, high-school attitude in that basement and free yourself. Shit band, maybe. Leading a band for a living, better than sitting at home and bitching about who's in a shit band. Dude, free yourself. I've made this point before, but I guess it must be reiterated. Not everyone on this sight aspires to be multi-platinum selling recording artists. For me, I would rather retain some integrity and not play the type of music that nickelback and puddle of mudd etc. play, just to become rich and famous. And I love it when these people make comments such as "leave your parents basements," and "free yourself," with no prior knowledge of the person they are talking to. Just because dude doesn't like puddle of mudd doesn't mean they are some kind of jealous bum. How could you possibly know that?
    Agreed
    ZOSO <(")
    mooseknuckle123 wrote: well, at least he'll like the way they smack his ass in jail...
    this guy
    PeaceFrog36
    its none of our business what this tool wants to put in his body he knew the risks. that being said "cocaine's a helluva drug!"
    vikkyvik
    rocker222 wrote: was that song she hates me, their only good song?
    Nope - just another bad one.
    doive
    I'm just surprised these sorts of stories aren't more common... The amount of musicians who are drugged up to their eyeballs should make this sort of story an everyday occurance
    bmarlatt1685
    strat0blaster wrote: C'mon, justice system. Cut the guy a break. I mean, if anyone deserves to snort cocaine to escape life, it has to be a guy whose life includes being in Puddle of Mudd.
    As much as I enjoy Puddle of Mudd (there in no means a top 10 favorite or anything) I still got a good laugh out of this.
    bmarlatt1685
    stef123 wrote: mooseknuckle123 wrote: well, at least he'll like the way they smack his ass in jail... AHAHAHAHAHA brilliant mate! Looks like his coke usage went well for a week or two
    But then it all came unglued... Okay, no more from me.
    T-Unit33
    I like puddle of mudd, have seen them twice in concert, but regardless, this might be one of the least surprising things I have ever read. At the last show he was so drunk/high that he wouldn't keep the show going unless the whole crowd did spirit fingers.
    i_am_metalhead
    Wow. It really is nice to see all of the narrow-minded, ignorant UG'ers out and about today. 1) Just because you don't like a band's music doesn't mean they "suck". Wes Scantlin is an awesome singer. 2) Puddle of Mudd may not be the best band around, but go listen to their album Re(disc)overed - it's surprisingly good (better than a lot of their original stuff) and will change your outlook on the band's abilities. As for the article, this will probably be another instance where a celebrity just gets a slap on the wrist. =/
    Koti
    thejester wrote: strat0blaster wrote: C'mon, justice system. Cut the guy a break. I mean, if anyone deserves to snort cocaine to escape life, it has to be a guy whose life includes being in Puddle of Mudd. I know right, i would hate being in a multi-platinum album selling band too.
    ^This.
    yukonchuck06
    Puddle of Mudd rock! Theyre certainely not Nickleback for christsakes..Nothing left to lose and Heel over Head are killer trax...The only bad thing about them is that they were discoved by Fred Dunce, I mean Durst...Quit yer hatin'!!!!
    .:!j.man!:.
    The UG community has gotten worse over the years. I almost dread reading comments now.
    dispreferred
    A musician has been found in possession of cocaine? Well, I for one am shocked and appalled.
    Krieger91
    Tonganation wrote: goth clash wrote: shredder3386 wrote: Did they take it all awayyyyy? Nahhh, they shoved it in his face... Shoved what? The pain they gave to him?
    You guys just have no control over these puns...
    flyneye
    Lolz! Mr. Kansas City got pulled over for cola in Cali. Muddle of Pud needed some controversy to make them feel more like they were real rock stars.
    targetdude
    "That's why you stick with the Flintstone chewables" -Zakk Wylde Not really a BLS fan, but I thought this fitting.
    vppark2
    i_am_metalhead wrote: Wow. It really is nice to see all of the narrow-minded, ignorant UG'ers out and about today. 1) Just because you don't like a band's music doesn't mean they "suck". Wes Scantlin is an awesome singer. 2) Puddle of Mudd may not be the best band around, but go listen to their album Re(disc)overed - it's surprisingly good (better than a lot of their original stuff) and will change your outlook on the band's abilities. As for the article, this will probably be another instance where a celebrity just gets a slap on the wrist. =/
    Dude Re(disc)overed was horrible.