For a feature with Paste Magazine, guitarist Slash unveiled his list of his 10 favourite guitar riffs of all time. The ex-Guns N' Roses member took some time to compile a feature for the publication's "List Of The Day" and managed to make a handful of choices based across different genres.
Slash's list for his 10 favourite guitar riffs of all time is as follows:
01. Led Zeppelin - "Black Dog"
02. The Yardbirds - "Over Under Sideways Down"
03. Jimi Hendrix - "Purple Haze"
04. Queen - "More Of That Jazz"
05. The Eagles - "Life In The Fast Lane"
06. Metallica - "Disposable Heroes"
07. Jeff Beck - "Superstition"
08. Van Halen - "Show Your Love (I'm The One)"
09. Aerosmith - "Back In The Saddle"
10. The Beatles - "I Want You (She's So Heavy)"
In describing his favourite riff, Slash noted that it didn't seem like an original and unique choice but liked the Led Zeppelin track for specific reasons.
"This one seems obvious, I guess," he said. "This song is just f*ckin' monstrous. Real, real heavy."
The guitarist also explained why his list included of a few underrated choices and stated that he has a personal attachment to some tracks, like Aerosmith's "Back In The Saddle".
"I think this was one of the first guitar riffs I ever learned," said Slash about the Aerosmith song. "I was screwing around when I heard this riff, I think I was over at some girl's house. And then this came on the radio, and I realized that I had more important things to deal with."
Find out more about what Slash has to say about his other choices at Paste Magazine's official website.