A line from the Killers' song "Human" has been voted the weirdest ever song lyric in a new poll.
According to a survey by streaming service Blinkbox Music (via NME), a sample of 2,000 people found the most confusing song lyric line was "Are we human? Are we dancer?"
Elsewhere on the list of confusing lyrics were the Beatles' "I Am the Walrus" ("I am the eggman, they are the eggmen, I am the walrus, goo goo g'joob") and Oasis' "Champagne Supernova" ("Slowly walking down the hall, faster than a cannonball").
Some two-fifths of those surveyed said they do not tend to grasp the meaning of the words they hear in pop songs.
Managing director of Blinkbox, Mark Bennett, said: "It's true that song lyrics are sometimes as crazy as a box of frogs, but then that's show business. It would be a really boring world if everything was logical and made sense."
The top ten misunderstood lyrics are:
1. The Killers – "Human" ("Are we human, or are we dancer?")
2. The Beatles – "I Am the Walrus" ("I am the eggman, they are the eggmen, I am the walrus, goo goo g'joob")
3. Michael Jackson – "Earth Song" ("What about elephants? Have we lost their trust?")
4. Lionel Richie – "All Night Long" ("Tom bo li de say de moi ya, yeah jambo jambo")
5. Carly Rae Jepsen – "Call Me Maybe" ("Before you came into my life, I missed you so bad")
6. Black Eyed Peas – "Boom Boom Pow" ("Beats so big I'm stepping on leprechauns")
7. Duran Duran – "The Reflex" ("The reflex is an only child, he's waiting in the park")
8. Wham! – "Club Tropicana" ("Club Tropicana, drinks are free, fun and sunshine, there's enough for everyone, all that's missing is the sea")9. Taylor Swift – "Love Story" ("Cause you were Romeo, I was a scarlet letter, and my daddy said stay away from Juliet")10. Oasis – "Champagne Supernova" ("Slowly walking down the hall, faster than a cannonball")
What weird lyrics do you remember?