Twisted Sister Will Never Tour Again

Twisted Sister has no intentions of ever touring again.

0
Unlike most of its classic counterparts, Twisted Sister has no intentions of ever touring again. "It will never ever happen," Twisted Sister guitarist Jay Jay French tells AOL's Noisecreep. "I would just assume things would maybe happen, but we will never tour [again]. I look at the mathematics of it every year, the mathematics makes no sense. None. Every year people ask me, every year I revisit the math. Every year it completely makes no sense to tour. It's just an incredibly money-losing proposition. I don't like losing money." "I know what these [other legacy] bands make, I know their lifestyle, I know what they do," continues French. "I can't function that way. I don't believe it's viable for them. I believe they [tour] because they really have no other options on this planet. And by going out on the road constantly, they devalue themselves because they're out there all the time. We work in a completely separate business model. If I don't play, guess what? My value increases, doesn't it? So the less I play, the more valuable I become. So I work completely opposite. I'll bet you I make more money playing 12 shows than most [other] bands make playing 50 shows." Read more from Noisecreep.

95 comments sorted by best / new / date

comments policy
    Quake52
    just go on tour and leave jay jay behind.Eddie kicks his ass anyway
    MrFlibble
    And nothing of value was lost. Seriously. When was the last time Twisted Sister were relevant? Even Whitesnake, Ratt and Skid Row have more demand for a tour.
    gljbass
    I can't believe they were still playing any shows.. I mean, you'd figure people would get tired of hearing the only album that really sold well in some 20 odd years.
    sneyob
    I'm gonna be cliche and say those bands tour for the love of the music, not for the money. He's no Gene $immon$ though, that's for sure.
    indiebass21
    He said they'd never tour again, not that they'd never play again. There's a difference.
    abbydaddy03
    Never tour again? There is a god. I only saw them once when Zebra was out of town, @ the Mad Hatter. They're NO Zebra.
    Grizzly55
    TheSound : This doesn't mean they're gonna stop playing. They're just not gonna tour, as in go out on the road for a few months and play a show every night. They're probably gonna play, just rarely, although I hope not. Anyways, this dude is a douchebag, the way he put it made him sound like a real dick. He's straight up saying he's better and more valuable than other bands, artists. I call bullshit. The only reason this guy can make more money than bands is (guess why?!) fan faggots who think old hair/heavy metal is awesome! That and MTV. Twisted Sister is shit, along with 10,000 other fagmetal bands from around their time. Grow the **** up, cut your ****ing hair. I hope these *****s never play again.
    .... FUCK YOU!!! that music rocks. at least music was about fun and good times back then. not like this shitty music today. racism, murder, anything crime related. at least when you say i wanna rock you arent offending someones race or referring to taking someones life.
    illmental
    He say's they will not tour.. never said they won't do a few shows here and there..
    BlowByBlow
    How does a band that's as big of a draw as Twisted Sister lose money by touring? They must be blowing it all up their noses or something
    super collasal
    if I kno twisted sister as well as I think I do then Dee will just find someone else to do his job, look at their past they will never stop playing live ever
    renk
    what he's talking about could only be applied to bands that have been around as long as Twisted Sister has been ..... From my perspective all he's talking about are bands of that generation that put together long tours in huge venues ie stadiums and arenas, chances that they have enough fans that would consistently go out to these huge shows that require a lot of capital to pull off in the first place So yea he said what he said in a dickish way, but at the end of the day there's some truth to it and it's simply supply and demand ..... and being the realist that I am after you've been in a band touring for thirty plus years .. chances are money is somewhere close to the for front of your decision to go back on the road
    Jfischl
    .... FUCK YOU!!! that music rocks. at least music was about fun and good times back then. not like this shitty music today. racism, murder, anything crime related. at least when you say i wanna rock you arent offending someones race or referring to taking someones life.
    Yeah! Or Hammer smashing their face, or sticking nails in their neck,or shattering their bones, or something awful like that...
    Skuzzmo
    TheSound wrote: This doesn't mean they're gonna stop playing. They're just not gonna tour, as in go out on the road for a few months and play a show every night. They're probably gonna play, just rarely, although I hope not. Anyways, this dude is a douchebag, the way he put it made him sound like a real dick. He's straight up saying he's better and more valuable than other bands, artists. I call bullshit. The only reason this guy can make more money than bands is (guess why?!) fan faggots who think old hair/heavy metal is awesome! That and MTV. Twisted Sister is shit, along with 10,000 other fagmetal bands from around their time. Grow the **** up, cut your ****ing hair. I hope these *****s never play again.
    Fascism is strong with this one. Phucking dick.
    JDizzle787
    BAntonio wrote: I would like for people like you to say that shit to me to my face. You are probably the faggot, Right? You bash the best scene in music that has produced some highly talented guitarists. You are probably some 12 year old Justin Bieber fan, LOL. Jay Jay is acting like a jerk, but most of the guys that go out and tour are not. They have wives & families. They care about music, who cares about the hair? I have long hair, I dare someone to cut it off. This is Fucking Rock N' Roll...If You have a problem with it go to a Nirvana website and let out your "feelings" Fuck You & Real Rock is Not Dead!!!TheSound wrote: This doesn't mean they're gonna stop playing. They're just not gonna tour, as in go out on the road for a few months and play a show every night. They're probably gonna play, just rarely, although I hope not. Anyways, this dude is a douchebag, the way he put it made him sound like a real dick. He's straight up saying he's better and more valuable than other bands, artists. I call bullshit. The only reason this guy can make more money than bands is (guess why?!) fan faggots who think old hair/heavy metal is awesome! That and MTV. Twisted Sister is shit, along with 10,000 other fagmetal bands from around their time. Grow the **** up, cut your ****ing hair. I hope these *****s never play again.
    You both sound like idiots. Sucks to hear this statement. I'd honestly never go see a show of theirs even though I think they're alright, but I just hate to hear any band call it quits on any level.
    TheSound
    Pinkfender_69: It was gone way before that. Thank God I didn't have to grow up to that bullshit. And I don't see how Dallas Green fits into this argument. Grizzly55: What do you listen to? Gangsta rap? I haven't heard a song in years that talks about racism or murder or whatever the hell you just mentioned. BAntonio: Too bad this is the internet, right? :/ I am definitely not the faggot, judging from my past and present. I would not call the guitarists in hair/gay metal highly talented. I would more likely call them fast players. Anyone in the world can grab a guitar and sweep/tap/do scale runs at 250bpm+. If music was about playing straight scales, then music would suck, don't you think? If you want to listen to highly talented musicians, get a jazz album. I could probably do an exception for maybe 3-5 guitarists of this time (Van Halen, Paul Gilbert, although he's also one of those scale runner kind of guys). I see how you can fit Justin Bieber in this conversation, seeing as he's as gay as all these countless bands and bandmembers. I never said shit about other bands that tour. I'm in a band and I've toured. I know countless bands who go out and tour. I know tons of musicians that have families and wives and kids and whatever. They definitely care enough about the music to be away from home for a full year with maybe a few weeks break in between to visit their loved ones, lack sleep for days, drive countless hours during day and night, put up with all sorts of legal and economic bullshit that came to exist during the time these gay bands came to popularize rock and metal JUST to play their music and give people something to enjoy every single night for at most 2 hours. Don't tell me what "rock n' roll" is because I apparently know way more about it than you do. It's DEFINITELY NOT about the hair. It's definitely NOT about the money, and it's definitely NOT about being a cocky prick and devaluing other musicians who are probably better than you (in reference to whom this article is about) because you're too good for everyone else because you've been on TV in the one television channel that's ruined music. And let me tell you, man. Rock N' Roll IS dead.
    xberserkx
    Haunt3dAng3l wrote: Ktool The Girth wrote: RockGuitarist09 wrote: MUSIC ISN'T ABOUT MONEY!!!! Sorry to break it to you but its a business just like any other. Music is about money to record labels and promoters. If a musician is in it for just money, they should GTFO
    dude put yourself in his shoes, would you want to tour only to LOSE money? It makes absolutely no sense. It would only make sense if an unknown band was touring to get themselves out there in the music world in which case losing some money might be worth touring to get your name out there, but this is Twisted Sister we're talking about
    CJMusics
    hes a ****wit. my respect for him just went down. other bands also tour for their fans, did he ever think about that part. moneys not everything.
    MT in Austin
    I guess, at his age, that makes sense. If he's not into touring, no sweat, don't tour. They were a gimmick act, however a good one. I am sure it gets old for everyone involved. Throw in to fact that Dee can't sing the parts in the same key as back in the day and, maybe, not facing the grind of tours seems like a good thing for them.
    TheHammer
    loganpwns wrote: Howieism wrote: if they tour any longer they will be on stage wheeling around on wheel chairs Lmfao. No doubt. This is why Led Zeppelin doesn't tour. They don't wanna end up like Mick Mars on stage.
    Whats wrong with Mick Mars?
    Grizzly55
    hey uh... the sound. where have you been in the modern music scene? you probably are into that disney shit. almost all modern rock bands sing about morbid disgusting things. look into shit before you make comments, ****tard.
    abraxialflame
    Wow JayJay sounds like an incredibly pompous jerk. Most bands tour to give their fans something. What an *****.
    cheddarman99
    That sucks I always thought he was better than that. I guess his mamas so fat she jumped in the air and got stuck.
    SLonergan
    That's nice of him. I guess he's more worried about making money than pleasing the fans who made him famous. Good guy right there.
    threedaysgrace9
    SLonergan wrote: That's nice of him. I guess he's more worried about making money than pleasing the fans who made him famous. Good guy right there.
    +100000
    BAntonio
    I would like for people like you to say that shit to me to my face. You are probably the faggot, Right? You bash the best scene in music that has produced some highly talented guitarists. You are probably some 12 year old Justin Bieber fan, LOL. Jay Jay is acting like a jerk, but most of the guys that go out and tour are not. They have wives & families. They care about music, who cares about the hair? I have long hair, I dare someone to cut it off. This is Fucking Rock N' Roll...If You have a problem with it go to a Nirvana website and let out your "feelings" Fuck You & Real Rock is Not Dead!!!
    TheSound wrote: This doesn't mean they're gonna stop playing. They're just not gonna tour, as in go out on the road for a few months and play a show every night. They're probably gonna play, just rarely, although I hope not. Anyways, this dude is a douchebag, the way he put it made him sound like a real dick. He's straight up saying he's better and more valuable than other bands, artists. I call bullshit. The only reason this guy can make more money than bands is (guess why?!) fan faggots who think old hair/heavy metal is awesome! That and MTV. Twisted Sister is shit, along with 10,000 other fagmetal bands from around their time. Grow the **** up, cut your ****ing hair. I hope these *****s never play again.
    syke5
    Way to be a douche. well whatever, theres more bands out there.
    hanselrocks1
    nooooo RIP TWISTED SISTER! we should turn it on em and say WERE NOT GONNA TAKE IT and they gonna get up there and play!
    thrashmonkey
    AnimatedHand wrote: Look like you CAN stop Rock n' Roll.
    EXACTLY what I was going to say. He's always been a businessman who's in it for the money, though. What could you expect? I was hoping to see them sometime in the future, though. This sucks.
    loganpwns
    Howieism wrote: if they tour any longer they will be on stage wheeling around on wheel chairs
    Lmfao. No doubt. This is why Led Zeppelin doesn't tour. They don't wanna end up like Mick Mars on stage.
    hey_joe42
    but fans don't listen to your music so you can make money. Fans might want to see it. Being this arrogant, your lose fans. Focus on how touring destorys the bands and the people in them, and I'll sympathize
    Gargantuan
    "If I don't play, guess what? My value increases, doesn't it? So the less I play, the more valuable I become." Is this the same way Led Zeppelin works?
    Howieism
    if they tour any longer they will be on stage wheeling around on wheel chairs