Varg Vikernes to Crowdfund Lawsuit Against French Government
"Authorities had no reason to arrest us," says Burzum mastermind.
Posted on Aug 12, 2013 02:01 pm
After recuperating from the latest terrorism charges arrest, Burzum mastermind Varg Vikernes concluded that the French government had no legal right to arrest him and is now preparing to launch a lawsuit against the authorities.
Apart from revealing details behind his decision in a latest official blog post, the singer also called for financial help from anyone willing and able to donate funds and help his cause.
"The French authorities had no reason to arrest us in the first place," Varg said. "We had done nothing wrong, and they never had any evidence suggesting otherwise. They shot our door open, traumatized our children, threw my pregnant wife and me in holding cells and kept us there for two-three days."
After pointing out that the French government allegedly even tried to take his children away from him, Vikernes focused on the lawsuit.
"Naturally we are angry, and we don't want not tolerate this," he said. "We want to sue the authorities for arresting us for no good reason whatsoever, doing so in the most brutal way possible and with children present, and also for without any reason taking away our right to own or even possess weapons. Marie has a crime record white as snow, so there is no reason for them to take away her right and freedom to own weapons."
The singer concluded by openly asking for financial help, "We ask for help to sue from you, from individuals probably not directly affected by this case, because we believe that we are fighting not only for our rights and freedom, but also for the rights and freedom of every other citizen in France, and perhaps also in other European countries, who also risk being subjected to this type of treatment in the future."
Vikernes was arrested last month in his French home for allegedly "preparing a major terrorist act" described as a "massacre." He was reportedly also linked to Anders Behring Breivik, a Norwegian mass killer responsible for the death of 77 Norwegians in July 2011 Oslo shooting.