Bring Me The Horizon: Interview With The Guitarist Lee Malia

Joe Matera spoke to the group's guitarist Lee Malia about the new album, the group's plans for 2011 and why they can't be categorized.

Bring Me The Horizon: Interview With The Guitarist Lee Malia
0
Bring Me The Horizon is defining the sound of modern metal as we know it. Their previously released and urgently dark, epic album, There Is A Hell, Believe Me I've Seen It. There Is A Heaven, Let's Keep It A Secret, has seen the band's profile rise considerably. After the commercial and critical success of previous album Suicide Season (2008), Bring Me The Horizon were determined to explore the more experimental side of their music, refusing to be confined to the unwritten rules of the metalcore scene that spawned and catapulted them to worldwide domination. Yet, the album still includes the trademark elements that have become staples of the group's sound since 2006 precision guitar riffs, venomously dark lyrics, massive breakdowns and gang vocals destined to be chants at the band's incendiary live shows. After spending the start of 2010 writing and recording the new album, the band stormed the U.S with explosive performances on the Vans Warped Tour that drew the festivals largest crowds all summer long and built anticipation for their long awaited follow-up to 2008's Suicide Season. In October, when There Is A Hell Believe Me I've Seen It. There Is A Heaven Let's Keep It A Secret was finally released, it debuted at #17 on the U.S charts, #13 in UK and #1 in Australia, and was named "Album of the Year" by Rock Sound and #26 Best Album of 2010 by MySpace.com. As the band were in preparations for their 2011 world tour, which kicks off in January, Joe Matera spoke to the group's guitarist Lee Malia about the new album, the group's plans for 2011 and why they can't be categorized. Bring Me The Horizon's most recent album was There Is A Hell, Believe Me I've Seen it. There Is A Heaven, Let's Keep It A Secret. It has proven to be a huge success for the band, even achieving, a #1 on the Australian album chart. Yeah that was absolutely awesome to know that we were the number one band down there and sold more albums than any other band. That was mind blowing. What was the songwriting process for the album like? It is the same as usual. Oli (Oliver Sykes, vocals) will always sit down and write the main parts of the songs and then I'll come in with like a riff or a main section on my own. Then Oli and I will write the main parts of the songs together and then we'll take that to the rest of the band and we will build the rest of the song from there. We did that pretty much with every song on this new CD, though we went to this house in Scotland to record it, away from everything so that we had no distractions whatsoever. So did the recording process differ much from previous efforts? Not really. We pretty much like to make sure that each part is played by the same one person throughout the track. Like the rhythm guitar will sound a lot tighter than if two people are playing it. It is better having one person playing a section because it will be tighter, as it will be exactly the same, both in the studio and when it comes to playing it live. So, if somebody wrote a riff, then they'll be playing that riff throughout. It is better than having to show some one else how to play it, because the person who wrote it will know exactly how it is to be phrased and stuff. The band has been variously described as being everything from hardcore, to deathcore to metalcore and beyond, but regardless, it seems to not be confined to one genre generally. Yes and that is really cool. I think the new CD doesn't really sound, like anything else out there or that, it sounds like a band that has ripped off this other band. That's why the new CD has so many different influences on it. It is because we don't actually listen to any metal anymore, we listen to everything else. I mean we like playing metal, but we try to incorporate everything else into a metal band. You're not one metal band who are afraid to experiment. You've experimented with strings, electronica, choirs and numerous guest vocal contributions too

"Why should we stick to the two guitars, drums and bass format?"

We always thought why should we stick to the two guitars, drums and bass format? Why can't we have some production stuff brought into it and look at each song as a bigger picture?. And feel if we can add more to it and stuff and make it a bigger song. We thought what is stopping us from doing that? Australian guitarist Jona Weinhofen, formerly of I Killed The Prom Queen recently joined the band. According to an interview Oli did recently, he says, Jona has injected the band with a new-found enthusiasm? Absolutely! Having Jona in the band now has given us a new energy. Especially when playing live, as he brings this great performing energy to it all and he is a really good guitarist. He is just great to have in the band and be around. And though he is Australian, it works really well with the band as we already get along really well with the Australian people and fans and a lot of our friends are Australian too. There were rumors circulating recently that Jona didn't actually play on the new album? Jona does play on the album. He plays some guitar parts and stuff that he wrote and little lead sections and certain riffs here and there. So what is status of the next album? We haven't even started thinking about it yet. We've been touring so much since the last one has come out, we haven't had time to do anything like write new material. We haven't even been in a practice room or anything together. We've just been constantly out on the road and we haven't even been able to sit down and talk about anything. And we haven't really played all of the new songs off the CD live yet. We're still waiting to play them on the next tour cycle coming up in 2011. Rumors also surfaced on the internet stating that the band would be releasing a new remix album, similar to the Suicide Season: Cut Up! Record sometime this year? I don't think we will. I think that album was a one time only thing and I don't think we'll be doing that sort of thing again. So was that an experimental one time thing then? Wellwe had to do something because we were re-releasing the CD so thought we would try something different like a remixed album. The next album will only be completely new material. What have you found to be the major difference between the UK metalcore scene and the U.S scene? I think the U.S scene is a little bit more open to having different bands playing together. The UK metal crowd is kind of like, very judgmental. Like if we went ahead and played with Machinehead, we would probably get booed because to them it is not like we're heavy enough or are these bearded guys. I suppose that is the same in a lot of places too, but America does seem more open to what we're doing.

"We want to play music and tour and it is not about money or stuff."

The band have clocked up about 270 shows a year on average, and constantly are out on the road. Is touring the only way a band can make money today in the current climate of downloading? Yes that has a lot to do with it, but for us, I don't know if we would know what else we could be doing. We're in a band because we want to play music and tour and it is not about money or stuff. Bring Me The Horizon have a lot of high profile fans like Wes from Limp Bizkit and Rob Flynn from Machinehead That's very cool, having these are legends as our fans, especially Rod Flynn and Miachinehead who are an insane metal band. We've always listened to them and their stuff and when Rob turned up at one of our shows, he came backstage and we started drinking with him. It was really weird as it was someone that I admired from when I first got into metal music at fourteen years old. Let us turn to the topic of gear, what did you use for the album? I recorded with a First Act Custom Sheena guitar, it is made by a company who makes the guitars I am using now. This particular custom guitar is fitted with Bare Knuckle pickups. As for amps, I used a 5150 rig, the new Eddie Van Halen head that is made by Fender. We used that for distortion and that was backed by an older Peavey 5150. For all the clean guitars, we recorded them using an Orange Rockerverb 100. When it comes to the live stage, I use the Orange for both distortion and clean guitars while Jona uses the 5150. That way we can recreate all of the sounds on the record, live. With the amount textures on the album, is it hard to recreate all the sounds live? No because we all play to a click track and we have the string sections and parts like that also playing along with us on tracks, so that way everything sounds exactly like the CD. Does it require a lot of rehearsals to get this type of performance refined? No, not really because we play to a click and as long as everyone knows their parts and have practiced to the CD, in regards to getting timing correct and stuff, it will be no problem. We never get any time off to practice or anything, so we usually set up at sound check and play along to it and then perform it that night. So is there any room left for improvisation in the live show? Yes there is, but if we want to extend sections or want a solo section to stretch out for how ever long, we will need to discuss it first before hand before adding it to the show or doing it. You're about to kick off a world tour? Yes, we kick off the world tour on January the 13th by doing a month around Europe and then we head to Australia for the Soundwave festival and then head to Japan afterwards. And then we go to America and do a month there too. When we go out, we usually go out for a four month straight stint. So how do you keep your sanity on the road for so long? We try and find things to do in the towns that we're playing and just go do them. It does get boring but the show on the night is what you live for. Finally, are there any metal bands out that there you think are doing something interesting? In the last two years, I have not really heard any metal band or heard any metal records doing anything different. But I do still appreciate what Every Time I Die and The Dillinger Escape Plan are doing and have done. They are two bands I have liked for years and they're still making really good CDs even after all these years. And I have to mention another band, who are from England and are called Architects. I really like what they're doing on the scene too. Interview by Joe Matera Ultimate-Guitar.Com 2011

174 comments sorted by best / new / date

comments policy
    Macabre_Turtle
    Not liking Bring Me The Horizon is one thing, but to hate or insult them you clearly haven't even given them a chance. Even if it were true that they cared more about their look than their music like some say (I don't believe it for a second) it's even worse to ignore them just because you don't like the look. And to think that all -core music sounds the same is just ignorant. I dare you to listen to Bring Me The Horizon, then Enter Shikari, then Protest The Hero, then August Burns Red, the Blessthefall, off the top of my head, and tell me that any of them sound the same.
    m1tch4444
    haters can say what they want, they're a very successful band that actually does produce original music (for the most part, admittedly some of it is a lil generic). i honestly don't hear enough heavier bands straying into the production side of things to create new ideas.
    JessicaGonzo
    *1 open open open 1 open 1 1 1 (random pinch harmonic)* i just wrote a song that they could have used on their last cd.... their old stuff was sick though.
    legend shredder
    Haven't really gotten into them, or given them much of a chance for that matter, so can't really formulate a decent opinion, but of what I have heard I didn't really like. And basically all I hear from some of the BMTH fans around me is "OMG I'm going to see Oli on the weekend!" not "OMG I'm going to see BMTH!" The reason I listen to metal is for the bands, not the singers. If I did that, I may as well listen to pop.
    Joker-82
    I dunno why there are so many haters out here, I listen to a wide range of different types, I listen to Muse, Billy Talent, SOAD, Fugazi, Rage Against The Machine, BMTH, a day to remember, Radiohead, fall of troy, Attack Attack!, some blink-182, my chemical romance, asking alexandria and lots more of rock and metalcore bands, you will probably know so much more about "real" metal and music in general, but i just wanna say that BMTH is a bit different from every other band, the first album is funnier to play in the guitar i admit, but the energy in SS is admirable, and this last one is allright i guess, is music, everyone has their taste, so we, guitarists from all over the world, should get together and go and hate... Rap or dhit like that haha
    boomtank
    Exhumed91 wrote: That said, I don't see any indie or electronica (arguably today's popular genres) influences on their newest album either, so I wonder what they're listening to.
    Dubstep it is. I was really surprised when I went to an architects/BMTH show and all they played between the performances was dubstep. And on top of that, Tek-One (a dubstep DJ) opened up for them.. But yeah I understand why it is, the dubstep scene is getting really big in the UK (and probably everywhere around the world) and the scene attracts a lot of emo's.
    EpiExplorer
    TechnicolorType wrote: EpiExplorer wrote: Screw you righteously, all this band did is play american music in England with stupid haircuts and fights/publicity stunts at gigs. Someone sounds a bit overly jealous.
    Quite jelly, but more angrily perplexed. Hell, if the beatles could do it..
    BwareDWare94
    OrganicCage wrote: Bmth, the band with the most hated guitar tone in metal. I really wanna know how they ended up with such a shitty tone.
    They listened to other metalcore bands, concentrating on debut albums.
    BwareDWare94
    OK...so even if this band did make good music, they still need to cut their ****ing hair. They all look ridiculous. Emo cuts are out of style now (THANK GOD), so why are all these bands still rocking them?
    OrganicCage
    BwareDWare94 wrote: OrganicCage wrote: Bmth, the band with the most hated guitar tone in metal. I really wanna know how they ended up with such a shitty tone. They listened to other metalcore bands, concentrating on debut albums.
    I see... Well it's horrible. As soon as i hear that A# open string Chug I cringe. It's just not a very nice tone. As for the music, it's a shame because the band are quite talented but choose not to use it.
    A CATSHOVEL
    Bring Me The Horizon is defining the sound of modern metal as we know it.
    Stopped reading there.
    withgunstoglory
    Magero wrote: Iommianity wrote: SynesterSeX wrote: Wow, people still expect other bands to sound like previous bands because bands like Metallica, Megadeth, Black Sabbath, Kreator, etc invented music. Grow the hell up people, let these new bands take their own form in music. There would be no point in music if everything sounded the same. "Oh look, the kids in that band wear make up, skinny jeans, and band tees ! They also dont play stuff from the 70's and 80's, so they blow hardcore!!" That's how i see most of you immature clowns. That's a strawman argument. There are lots of close minded people like you describe, but I have a feeling you're just blindly applying that to anyone who tries to make an honest criticism. The only one being immature is you. No, that's unfortunately how a lot of people act. They focus on the band's image and ignore every musical aspect because they get predefined notions in their head. You can't even say "People will at least listen to the music" these days because image has become such a prevailing force. People see 40,000 images of BMTH in magazines and online before they even hear them and by that time, the perfectly straight forward metalcore becomes some unholy abomination of fringed idiots and attention seeking lyrics. I've never understood how metal fans especially could focus on how terrible the image of the current metalcore and deathcore scenes is, when the dominant "metuhlz" image looks just as ridiculous.
    This, so much. ^ That said, I'm not really a fan of them, but they aren't terrible.
    Amuro Jay
    btones wrote: Who's more shallow; The band for having an image, or you for dismissing them because they have one?
    We have a winner, people.
    Eternal Decay wrote: goingnowhere21 wrote: Every hardcore band thinks they're unique and different from everything out there. These guys are the epitome of unoriginality. Isn't every hardcore band the epitome of unoriginality?
    Observe: two people who don't really know what the word "hardcore" means. Checked
    Ne0Assass1n
    I love the amount of narrow-minded hatred against this band. This is exactly why I refuse to associate myself with metalheads because you're all wankers and only know how to hate every single band that's more popular than your fav.
    Eigels
    Ne0Assass1n wrote: I love the amount of narrow-minded hatred against this band. This is exactly why I refuse to associate myself with metalheads because you're all wankers and only know how to hate every single band that's more popular than your fav.
    The "your just jealous" argument is totally stupid. us metalheads (well, me at least) don't care how popular our bands are, we just want good music. And popularity does not always mean that the band is s00per talented. Just look at modern music nowadays (Lil Wayne, Justing Bieber, Nickelback)
    VinnyChinny
    In the last two years, I have not really heard any metal band or heard any metal records doing anything different.
    Mastodon, Protest the Hero, BTBAM I've heard a few songs from their first few albums and didn't like them. I'm not even going to try and listen to the new one because I know I will just end up not liking it anyway. I still don't know why there's so much hype on this band either. If someone can explain that well, that'd be helpful.
    cotton3434
    MegaSteelMaiden wrote: "Defining the sound of modern metal" More like defining the sound of poser shit, and what future teenagers will look forward to because its "trendy." Absolute bollocks, this is pure bullshit.
    Yep... listened to it, and it kinda disgusted me. The exact same thing as every local hardcore band around where I live, and there's a lot of em, unfortunately... Breakdown after breakdown after breakdown. It's musical constipation, imo. Also, @Ne0Assass1n: eh, there's logical reasons to hate on unremarkable, bland music that's popular for no good reason.. but the arguments people back their opinions with tend to be pretty useless in nearly every situation. Nice generalization, btw. "metalheads.. all... wankers." Gotta say, kinda looks a bit wanker-ish of you to generalize like that..
    OrganicCage
    Bmth, the band with the most hated guitar tone in metal. I really wanna know how they ended up with such a shitty tone.
    adstr123
    Oh please. To claim someone Cares more about their image than music is ****ing ridiculous. If you care about your image, the last thing you do to get yourself into the mainstream is start a DEATHCORE band. Deathcore people. It's hardly mainstream is it. (inb4 I know they aren't deathcore now....) Everyone is perfectly entitled to dislike this band and their music. But to personally insult a person you don't know and belittle other people for their taste in music is ****ing ridiculous and pointless. In my opinion these guys are one of the few bands out there experimenting and trying different production techniques and ways of making metal. They put themselves out of their comfort zone with There Is A Hell and tried something entirely different to any other band. They innovate and totally deserve the awards they receive and success they enjoy. Oh and to everyone going on about going back to their old stuff... The EP was interesting but nothing special, and CYB was a messy album all round. When they changed to metal ore with Suicide Season is when things got good so in my opinion it's really terrible idea to claim they should go back to their old stuff... OMG letting people know my opinion without insulting people?! That's insane!.... *facepalm*
    Hail
    adstr123 wrote: Oh please. To claim someone Cares more about their image than music is ****ing ridiculous. If you care about your image, the last thing you do to get yourself into the mainstream is start a DEATHCORE band. Deathcore people. It's hardly mainstream is it. (inb4 I know they aren't deathcore now....) Everyone is perfectly entitled to dislike this band and their music. But to personally insult a person you don't know and belittle other people for their taste in music is ****ing ridiculous and pointless. In my opinion these guys are one of the few bands out there experimenting and trying different production techniques and ways of making metal. They put themselves out of their comfort zone with There Is A Hell and tried something entirely different to any other band. They innovate and totally deserve the awards they receive and success they enjoy. Oh and to everyone going on about going back to their old stuff... The EP was interesting but nothing special, and CYB was a messy album all round. When they changed to metal ore with Suicide Season is when things got good so in my opinion it's really terrible idea to claim they should go back to their old stuff... OMG letting people know my opinion without insulting people?! That's insane!.... *facepalm*
    If you don't think deathcore is mainstream, you obviously haven't walked through a high school in the last year or two. Every other kid is wearing some sort of -core shirt.
    a7xb4d
    Mr7K wrote: Bring Me The Horizon is defining the sound of modern metal as we know it. -_- Bring Me The Horizon = Metalcore/deathcore + Fucking horrific vocals + Synth. If this is the route modern metal is taking then I'll just go kill myself
    Um synth? Anyway, this band is awesome, especially their newest album. You want to hear an awesome song, listen to Diamonds Aren't Forever.
    Mobby32
    These guys will be in the dust just like all the other new metal bands, who has bought korn's last album? show of hands.
    B.C. Rich Rocke
    i am completely with you on this one. i listen to about all of those bands, and none of them sound alike. they all have their own kind of music and they all do a great job at producing it.
    Macabre_Turtle wrote: Not liking Bring Me The Horizon is one thing, but to hate or insult them you clearly haven't even given them a chance. Even if it were true that they cared more about their look than their music like some say (I don't believe it for a second) it's even worse to ignore them just because you don't like the look. And to think that all -core music sounds the same is just ignorant. I dare you to listen to Bring Me The Horizon, then Enter Shikari, then Protest The Hero, then August Burns Red, the Blessthefall, off the top of my head, and tell me that any of them sound the same.
    !-twisty-!
    "the bands legendary live shows" Sorry i've seen them three times so its not even like im blindly judging, but they're live shows are pretty weak affairs, only little crowd interaction and the usual mosh pits. Seen so many bands out do them live.
    quackerofquack
    Macabre_Turtle wrote: Not liking Bring Me The Horizon is one thing, but to hate or insult them you clearly haven't even given them a chance. Even if it were true that they cared more about their look than their music like some say (I don't believe it for a second) it's even worse to ignore them just because you don't like the look. And to think that all -core music sounds the same is just ignorant. I dare you to listen to Bring Me The Horizon, then Enter Shikari, then Protest The Hero, then August Burns Red, the Blessthefall, off the top of my head, and tell me that any of them sound the same.
    dude... I respect you so much... but those bands are like the few who have something original(except ABR) because there are literally hundreds of bands that have a very similar sound... and BMTH's first album was crap, their second was bearable, but now they are doing pretty well... but I dont think they define modern metal just yet....
    -tempest-
    nincompoop wrote: Hahaha, metalcore does not deserve anyone's time. I find it pathetic that the genre has lasted this long. I hope it goes the way of emo music and fades into obscurity...
    its not emo, seriously though, use your head
    RunawayKaren
    LOL Emo band... really? It's sad that there are people who still think that term has any significance past 2006 when all the bands that the term may have applied to, either died off or changed their sound completely. Anyway, BMTH would be alright if Oli wasn't their vocalist; His yelling is irritating to say the least, and he has zero range. Get him a vocal coach or fire him FFS.
    btones
    Who's more shallow; The band for having an image, or you for dismissing them because they have one?
    Kazooiej
    BMTH's first album was great, but since suicide season they changed a lot into a direction i didn't want them to change. Im happy for the fans who like their new style more, but i just don't. Several more bands are slowly sucking more past few months, like Children of Bodom. Their last song was it worth it? was really lame, haven't heard much people who actually liked it.
    hereticfive
    i was ok with listening to these guys until every toothpick boy with hair in his face that looked like a girl got into them. cant get into a band who appeals to people like that. i wont deny they can play though
    Eternal Decay
    goingnowhere21 wrote: Every hardcore band thinks they're unique and different from everything out there. These guys are the epitome of unoriginality.
    Isn't every hardcore band the epitome of unoriginality?
    edinfang
    That comment about machinehead fans made him seem like a bit of a twat-theyd boo you because your music is awful not because to quote you "you dont have beards"!!!
    CFH-For-Life
    Its all metal, its just some metal is shittier than others I honestly dont care for BMTH, like at all, but this guy does seem pretty cool.
    ProgJazzMath
    Listen to their new album guys, it's actually pretty interesting and heavy. There are plenty of sick riffs in there and it doesn't sound much like their old stuff.
    Macabre_Turtle
    quackerofquack wrote: Macabre_Turtle wrote: Not liking Bring Me The Horizon is one thing, but to hate or insult them you clearly haven't even given them a chance. Even if it were true that they cared more about their look than their music like some say (I don't believe it for a second) it's even worse to ignore them just because you don't like the look. And to think that all -core music sounds the same is just ignorant. I dare you to listen to Bring Me The Horizon, then Enter Shikari, then Protest The Hero, then August Burns Red, the Blessthefall, off the top of my head, and tell me that any of them sound the same. dude... I respect you so much... but those bands are like the few who have something original(except ABR) because there are literally hundreds of bands that have a very similar sound... and BMTH's first album was crap, their second was bearable, but now they are doing pretty well... but I dont think they define modern metal just yet....
    The only band I've heard that sounds like them is Elitist who just recently came into existence, but maybe you're right on that. My point isn't really that any of those bands are super original, just that there are a lot of different sounds within -core. I'm a huge BMTH fan, but I also wouldn't say they define modern metal. Nobody does. Though, the first album did spawn a bunch of bands that bit there style so at least there's that.
    Macabre_Turtle
    TheOzzmanCometh wrote: Aleron wrote: If BMTH and/or any other death/metal/whatever -core is the sound of modern metal, then modern metal is totally fked up. I mean, come on, all cores are pathetic, sound the same, look the same, have basically the same lyrics.exactly.
    As I already stated earlier, look up... August Burns Red, Protest The Hero, Veil of Maya, Periphery, Iwrestledabearonce, Blessthefall, Enter Shikari, Blessthefall, The Dillinger Escape Plan, The Human Abstract, Bring Me The Horizon, Bullet For My Valentine, all of which are core bands that I enjoy, and tell me that any of them sound the same, or look the same, or even write the same lyrics. If there was no variety there wouldn't be so many sub genres in it.
    TechnicolorType
    EpiExplorer wrote: Screw you righteously, all this band did is play american music in England with stupid haircuts and fights/publicity stunts at gigs.
    Someone sounds a bit overly jealous.
    SGstriker
    Not my cup of tea. And my brother listens to them enough that I can honestly say I hate hearing their music. But they can do what they want.
    TheOzzmanCometh
    Aleron wrote: If BMTH and/or any other death/metal/whatever -core is the sound of modern metal, then modern metal is totally fked up. I mean, come on, all cores are pathetic, sound the same, look the same, have basically the same lyrics.
    exactly.
    dark_rider92
    FearOfTheDuck wrote: Well this band made Slayer look like Cheryl Crow at Sonisphere and generally tearing the workd a new arse hole... so yeah. Whatever!
    lol. in my opinion, there just need to be more metal bands like A7X. if that happened, the world would be a happier place...
    Russianthrasher
    They are a metalcore/deathcore band... enough said.. absolutly nothing about them is original. Cocky words coming from some dude who looks like the 100's of metalcore fanboys i see everyday. You guys need to listen to some thrash or something!
    Amuro Jay
    frnzd wrote: So no one else is horrified by the fact they play to a click track live? Wowwwww.
    This is one of the dumbest things I've ever heard. Lots of people play with click tracks. Devin ****ing Townsend plays with a click track. Should we be horrified about that? I don't think so. Checked.
    Hail wrote: If you don't think deathcore is mainstream, you obviously haven't walked through a high school in the last year or two. Every other kid is wearing some sort of -core shirt.
    And that somehow makes a metal subgenre mainstream? Maybe in the metal world, but let's be honest, how big do you really think metal is in the larger scheme of things? Checked.
    tancanada
    This bands last album is exactly why metalcore has stuck around for so long: it's versatile. You can do lots of things under it and still have people support you. I doubt if Ke$ha went from, say, the pop that she's producing now to indie that it'd still be all over the radio. (I'm equating this to BMTH's deathcore to metalcore merge-over thing). Yes, I understand metalcore is a trend. Yes, these guys might be a little arrogant. So what? They're obviously doing something right because they're selling CDs and playing shows to huge crowds, I mean their album hit #1 in Aussieland and they were one of the main acts on Warped Tour last year for Christ's sake. Quit letting your jealousy bleed into your opinions people.