As part of our forthcoming UG Awards 2012 post, we're asking readers to vote in a new category each day for a special post over the holidays.
Who was the biggest 'WTF' moment of 2012?
Place your nomination in the comments, ideally with a link to the UG news post, and upvote others that you agree with. The one with the highest number of up votes wins the award.
If you're stuck for ideas, you can browse our wtf section. Alternatively, here's a few barmy highlights that come to mind:
- The Nirvana reunion
fronted by Paul McCartney
- The drunk guy singing "Bohemian Rhapsody" in the back of a cop car
- Black Sabbath reforming without Bill Ward
- Almost anything Dave Mustaine said
, such as "African women should put a plug in it
There are no rules! (Oh man, we're totally going to regret this.)
- Place ONE nominations per comment, or the upvotes won't count. You can place as many nominations as you want across different comments, though.
- Do a quick search of the page to make sure someone else didn't already nominate that act. Just scroll down to the bottom so all the comments have loaded, then do a search on the page (ctrl-f on a PC, cmd-f on a mac) for their name.
You're welcome to discuss the topic in the comments and reply to nominations, as usual.
Remember to vote in our other award categories too. The list so far:
Band Of The Year
Guitarist Of The Year
Best New Act
Biggest Drama Of 2012
Best Live Event
Best Music Video
Person Of The Year