Bring Me The Horizon To Begin Writing New Album Next Month

Bring Me The Horizon will commence the songwriting sessions for its next studio album in late February.

Bring Me The Horizon To Begin Writing New Album Next Month
130
According to Blabbermouth.net, Bring Me The Horizon will commence the songwriting sessions for its next studio album in late February. Bring Me The Horizon's third full-length CD, "There Is A Hell, Believe Me I've Seen It. There Is A Heaven, Let's Keep It A Secret", sold 20,000 copies in the United States in its first week of release to debut at position No. 17 on The Billboard 200 chart. The CD also entered the official chart in the U.K. at position No. 13. The team at Studio Fredman in Gothenburg, Sweden (where Bring Me The Horizon recorded 2008's "Suicide Season") was again at the helm of the recording, this time bringing in electronic and programming authority KC Blitz to assist with the instrumental aspects of the album. The CD also includes appearances from various special guests, including Josh Franceschi of You Me At Six (on "F--k"). Also featured on the album are Josh Scogin of The Chariot (on "The Fox And The Wolf"), Sonny Moore (a.k.a. Skrillex) with electronica contributions and Canadian electro-pop starlet Lights (on "Crucify Me" and "Don't Go"). "Alligator Blood" video:

30 comments sorted by best / new / date

comments policy
    Aliens-exist182
    I love how any comment on here that has the slightest positive connotations toward the band is automatically thumbed down haha. Well, that said, I play along to their CD's every day, why? because the songs are fun to play, the lyrics are straight-forward and to the point, and the subject matter is often diverse within each album, dealing with topics such as: addiction, loss, rejection and isolation. Forgive me for delivering a home truth to all the haters that seem to be stalking every BMTH article with their fingers on the keyboard, ready to diss the **** out of them, but aren't the aforementioned topics what metal, or hardcore music in general, is all about? Rant
    liam1107
    This is the sort of band that you can tell will just keep getting bigger and better, in spite of all their haters. Look at Machine Head when they first started out. They were hated on by all the 'Metal Elitists' that were fans of Slayer and the Bay Area Thrash scene. Now there one of the biggest, most cutting edge metal bands out there. Like it or not, Bring Me The Horizon are doing something different, whether you've listened to them and agree and still dislike, or if you decided you hate them based on nothing but their appearance. The band is going to keep getting bigger and better, earning the respect of who are probably your heroes. Robb Flynn as a shining example.
    HH_Emo_666
    This type of "metal" is so repetitive. Nothing like only palm muting the lowest open string and do tons of random hammer ons and pull offs. My god, it sounds like its in friggen drop A or something .. What ever happened to standard tunings? Do you really have to drop that low to make "good" music?
    lemmon182
    RR3tran wrote: HH_Emo_666 wrote: Well I'm sorry, when they drop tune to something like Drop A, and they play the tremelo palm mutes along with a bunch of random hammer ons and pulls offs, then its pretty shitty and also repetitive. They say they don't "write" metal anymore. Just exactly as i explained. They may not "write" shitty music, they just play and record it Have you even listened to anything but their first album? Most of the songs in There Is A Heaven is more electronica than metal, and there are zero "random" hammer-ons/ pull offs. They've never even tuned to Drop A. Alligator Blood is Drop A#. All you give are highly subjective and self-contradictory opinions you assert as facts while I am just trying to state unbiased, concrete facts. Downvote this all you want people, but at the end of the day, know that you are downvoting only because I am one of the brave few to defend this band on UG
    +1 I think they're an awesome band. Oli has a unique voice and they've progressed alot since their first album. I know this post will get scored down, but I stand by them. Great band and put on an amazing live performance
    MetalRock4ever
    Can't wait for the new album. Alligator blood is pretty decent. And, darkchild, why are you even here? Just go and support w/e music you like. You waste your life dissing other bands that you don't like? No lifer. Bring on the new album and fk the haters
    RR3tran
    HH_Emo_666 wrote: Well I'm sorry, when they drop tune to something like Drop A, and they play the tremelo palm mutes along with a bunch of random hammer ons and pulls offs, then its pretty shitty and also repetitive. They say they don't "write" metal anymore. Just exactly as i explained. They may not "write" shitty music, they just play and record it
    Have you even listened to anything but their first album? Most of the songs in There Is A Heaven is more electronica than metal, and there are zero "random" hammer-ons/ pull offs. They've never even tuned to Drop A. Alligator Blood is Drop A#. All you give are highly subjective and self-contradictory opinions you assert as facts while I am just trying to state unbiased, concrete facts. Downvote this all you want people, but at the end of the day, know that you are downvoting only because I am one of the brave few to defend this band on UG
    Plagueheart
    I can't believe people are still hating on this band in 2012. It's funny because they're the ONLY metalcore / anythingcore band I still listen too. They have a unique sound and integrate so many other styles into their music and are continuously innovating and setting the standard, even other popular metalcore bands have started ripping them off. Their fashion nowadays is pretty normal if you ask me, in fact far from the whole scene/emo thing, not that it should effect your opinion on their music. I'm looking very forward to their next album, which is said to be even more influenced by post-rock. I could tell as early as in Count Your Blessings that Lee had post-rock influences in their music, it's just waiting to happen. They may not be the most heavy band, but they don't want that, they don't even listen to metal themselves any more. They just want to innovate, and if you ask me, they're doing a very good job of it. Easily one of the best bands from the past 10 years. /opinion
    rodrattlehead
    I like BMTH along with other kind of bands, and for me it's kinda fresh to hear something diferent, yeah diferent but that's only my opinion i like this band and if you don't like it don't waste your time bashing them
    conkerandco
    The funny thing is guys, the time you spend reading BMTH articles and writing snobby comments could be spent listening or reading about to the music you enjoy. Just a thought.
    HH_Emo_666
    RR3tran wrote: HH_Emo_666 wrote: This type of "metal" is so repetitive. Nothing like only palm muting the lowest open string and do tons of random hammer ons and pull offs. My god, it sounds like its in friggen drop A or something .. What ever happened to standard tunings? Do you really have to drop that low to make "good" music? Who the hell are you to dictate what "good" music is? The band even says they don't write or even listen to metal anymore. Not everything fits into your labels, man. And your argument against drop tuning totally contradicts your argument about repetition. Bands drop tune to access a totally new range of notes of sounds. I don't even know why I reply to trolls anymore
    Well I'm sorry, when they drop tune to something like Drop A, and they play the tremelo palm mutes along with a bunch of random hammer ons and pulls offs, then its pretty shitty and also repetitive. They say they don't "write" metal anymore. Just exactly as i explained. They may not "write" shitty music, they just play and record it
    Thedarkchild
    Pah, who cares? The vocalist sound like a little sissy crying about his lost make-up... I've seen them live, with DevilDriver and Machine Head and they acted like some stupid idiots on stage!
    Slivarito
    Oh god, so much fan boy rage. Also, my general impression of BMTH and all of it's clones is, "meh."
    xplosive59
    Nice to see there is a new album coming out... No, I joke this is horrible news from a horrific band!
    bf313
    I will always like these guys no matter what. Their last album was a big step up from Suicide Season which was poor lyrically and instrumentally. Oli's voice has deffinatelly suffered but Jona's vocal contributions are great live. Their last album i would not call a metal album at all and i don't think that is a bad thing, it was softer but a lot more mature than Suicide Season. I'm excited to see the direction that they take the next album and i'm hoping that it will show more of the guitar talent that Jona and Lee have.
    ds24601
    conkerandco wrote: The funny thing is guys, the time you spend reading BMTH articles and writing snobby comments could be spent listening or reading about to the music you enjoy. Just a thought.
    You can listen to music and read an article at the same time. I'm listening to Queen right now in fact.
    conkerandco
    ds24601 wrote: conkerandco wrote: The funny thing is guys, the time you spend reading BMTH articles and writing snobby comments could be spent listening or reading about to the music you enjoy. Just a thought. You can listen to music and read an article at the same time. I'm listening to Queen right now in fact.
    You are obviously of a sub-standard intellect to understand that my point was less about listening and typing simultaneously - but instead pondering on why people cannot find a better means of wasting away their time than to mindlessly slander a band they most probably know nothing about and purposely antagonize fans of said band all the while distracting them from their own personal interests ( whatever they may be) .....and the purpose of this post is to use big words and well constructed sentences to fulfil my ego
    RR3tran
    HH_Emo_666 wrote: This type of "metal" is so repetitive. Nothing like only palm muting the lowest open string and do tons of random hammer ons and pull offs. My god, it sounds like its in friggen drop A or something .. What ever happened to standard tunings? Do you really have to drop that low to make "good" music?
    Who the hell are you to dictate what "good" music is? The band even says they don't write or even listen to metal anymore. Not everything fits into your labels, man. And your argument against drop tuning totally contradicts your argument about repetition. Bands drop tune to access a totally new range of notes of sounds. I don't even know why I reply to trolls anymore
    HH_Emo_666
    RR3tran wrote: HH_Emo_666 wrote: Well I'm sorry, when they drop tune to something like Drop A, and they play the tremelo palm mutes along with a bunch of random hammer ons and pulls offs, then its pretty shitty and also repetitive. They say they don't "write" metal anymore. Just exactly as i explained. They may not "write" shitty music, they just play and record it Have you even listened to anything but their first album? Most of the songs in There Is A Heaven is more electronica than metal, and there are zero "random" hammer-ons/ pull offs. They've never even tuned to Drop A. Alligator Blood is Drop A#. All you give are highly subjective and self-contradictory opinions you assert as facts while I am just trying to state unbiased, concrete facts. Downvote this all you want people, but at the end of the day, know that you are downvoting only because I am one of the brave few to defend this band on UG
    Actually i bought their EP "This is what the Edge of Your Seat Was Made For,' and it was pretty good. And then they got all popular when they released "Count Your Blessings." To be honest, the production on "Count Your Blessings," was complete shit. Just listened to the first song. I'd rather listen to Death Magnetic for the rest of my life compared to that shit. I listened to a couple of their newer songs but they all sound the same. I hope that this genre dies down soon. I dont understand why people love this whole "lets play fast, play double bass constantly, do random pull offs, hammer ons, and harmonize in a couple of songs. oh and also scream our brains out to the point where you can't even hear wtf the vocalist is trying to say/scream." yeah .. this is definitely music. I'd rather go see a ****ing Dragonforce concert than even listen to this shit. If they're smart and not "write 'metal'", then they could do a full out dub step album or something. I coulda swore a couple of months ago they came out with their own branded BBQ sauce or hot sauce or something. (sorry to DP)
    HH_Emo_666
    Actually i bought their EP "This is what the Edge of Your Seat Was Made For,' and it was pretty good. And then they got all popular when they released "Count Your Blessings." To be honest, the production on "Count Your Blessings," was complete shit. Just listened to the first song. I'd rather listen to Death Magnetic for the rest of my life compared to that shit. I listened to a couple of their newer songs but they all sound the same. I hope that this genre dies down soon. I dont understand why people love this whole "lets play fast, play double bass constantly, do random pull offs, hammer ons, and harmonize in a couple of songs. oh and also scream our brains out to the point where you can't even hear wtf the vocalist is trying to say/scream." yeah .. this is definitely music. I'd rather go see a ****ing Dragonforce concert than even listen to this shit. If they're smart and not "write 'metal'", then they could do a full out dub step album or something. I coulda swore a couple of months ago they came out with their own branded BBQ sauce or hot sauce or something.
    cygnus spiral
    I think people pick sides too strongly. I can dig their tunes, but I also understand the repetitiveness of it. They put on a fun show though, definitely.
    HH_Emo_666
    conkerandco wrote: ds24601 wrote: conkerandco wrote: The funny thing is guys, the time you spend reading BMTH articles and writing snobby comments could be spent listening or reading about to the music you enjoy. Just a thought. You can listen to music and read an article at the same time. I'm listening to Queen right now in fact. You are obviously of a sub-standard intellect to understand that my point was less about listening and typing simultaneously - but instead pondering on why people cannot find a better means of wasting away their time than to mindlessly slander a band they most probably know nothing about and purposely antagonize fans of said band all the while distracting them from their own personal interests ( whatever they may be) .....and the purpose of this post is to use big words and well constructed sentences to fulfil my ego
    .....just stfu ..
    Bobajob87
    I get how people don't like BMTH, I hated them for years, but 'There is a hell...' grew on me. Granted I listen to a stupidly wide variety of music, but I like bands that try to mix up the genre slightly. metalcore can get really repetitive and boring, so their last album which had some great slower softer songs and some cool programming effects thrown in. Not a fan of their early stuff at all. If you can get past the vocal style, the music can make up for it on most of their last album. Wouldnt go as far as to say one of the best bands of the last 10 years... thats fanboy talk
    Bobajob87
    I get how people don't like BMTH, I hated them for years, but 'There is a hell...' grew on me. Granted I listen to a stupidly wide variety of music, but I like bands that try to mix up the genre slightly. metalcore can get really repetitive and boring, so their last album which had some great slower softer songs and some cool programming effects thrown in was an improvement. Not a fan of their early stuff at all. If you can get past the vocal style, the music can make up for it on most of their last album. Wouldnt go as far as to say one of the best bands of the last 10 years... thats fanboy talk