Deep Purple Tribute Features Metallica, Iron Maiden
Deep Purple's landmark 1972 album, "Machine Head", is getting the tribute treatment.
Posted on Jul 24, 2012 01:58 pm
"Re-Machined: A Tribute To Machine Head" is a compilation CD featuring re-interpretations of songs by Metallica, Iron Maiden, Chickenfoot, Black Label Society and more.
The disc will be made available with Classic Rock magazine's upcoming Deep Purple fanpack.
Due on September 4, the fanpack also comes with an in-depth, official, band-endorsed 124-page magazine featuring exclusive interviews with Metallica, Maiden, Chickenfoot, Joe Bonamassa and Steve Vai.
Deep Purple discuss the making of the album, and provide access to exclusive and unpublished photos and artefacts from their archive.
The magazine also includes one of the last-ever interviews with keyboard icon Jon Lord, who died earlier this month.
Last week, Glenn Hughes assembled some friends to record "Highway Star" for this release as a tribute to the music legend.
Deep Purple's most successful record, "Machine Head" reached number 1 in the UK and stayed in the top 40 for 20 weeks; it reached number 7 in the United States, remaining on the Billboard 200 for 118 weeks.
"Re-Machined: A Tribute To Machine Head"
01. Smoke On The Water Carlos Santana / Jacoby Shaddix
02. Highway Star Chickenfoot
03. Maybe I'm A Leo Glenn Hughes / Chad Smith
04. Pictures of Home Black Label Society
05. Never Before Kings of Chaos
06. Smoke On The Water The Flaming Lips
07. Lazy Jimmy Barnes with Joe Bonamassa
08. Space Truckin' Iron Maiden
09. When A Blind Man Cries Metallica
Exclusive to this special edition:
10. Highway Star Steve Vai, Glenn Hughes, Chad Smith, Lauchlan Doley