No doubt you faithful Ultimate-Guitar readers will be thrilled to know that the latest "Glee" spinoff soundtrack is set for release... "Glee: Graduation" offers some insight as to what will feature in the remainder of the show's third series, which is currently airing on Fox. Turns out that the show's producers are plundering the rock 'n' roll songbook again. According to the NME, fans can expect to hear renditions of Bob Dylan's "Forever Young", Alice Cooper's "School's Out" and Green Day's "Good Riddance (Time Of Your Life)". Queen's "We Are The Champions" and Bruce Springsteen's "Glory Days" will also feature. The full track listing is as follows:
01. fun. - "We Are Young"
02. Lady Gaga - "Edge of Glory"
03. Jason Mraz - "I Won't Give Up"
04. Queen - "We Are The Champions"
05. Alice Cooper - "School's Out"
06. Beyonc - "I Was Here"
07. Madonna - "I'll Remember"
08. New Radicals - "You Get What You Give"
09. The Bravery - "Not The End"
10. Room For Two - "Roots Before Branches"
11. Bruce Springsteen - "Glory Days"
12. Bob Dylan - "Forever Young"
13. Green Day - "Good Riddance (Time Of Your Life)"
Green Day and Alice Cooper having allowed their music to appear on the programmed will no doubt irk Dave Grohl. The Foo Fighters front man has been vocal about his opposition to the programme and the unfair pressure placed on musicians to feature their music in the show, as this 2011 expert from an appearance on Chelesa Lately shows:
"As a musician, you should be able to say no. You should be able to say, 'No, I don't want to do your show, Why should you have to say, 'Okay, Glee. Take my song and turn it into a f--ing musical?'"
"Glee" has been renewed for a fourth season which will run in 2013.