A remastered version of the Manchester band's LP will be released on May 19 and will include rare and unreleased recordings. The reissue is the first in the new "Chasing the Sun" series from Big Brother Recordings, with Oasis's follow-up albums "(What's the Story) Morning Glory?" and "Be Here Now" to also be re-issued later this year.
The 20th anniversary edition of "Definitely Maybe" will be available as a standard CD and digital download of the original album, a three-disc Special Edition version including the rare recordings and demos, a 12" vinyl LP featuring all the bonus CD content as a free download, and a Deluxe Box Set which features the LP and the CDs. It has also been revealed that the band will re-issue their single "Supersonic" as a 12" vinyl to coincide with this year's Record Store Day on April 19.
Among the bonus content included in the reissue is a disc featuring the band's stand-alone single "Whatever," unheard acoustic versions of the tracks "Live Forever" and "Shakermaker" recorded in Paris, an early demo of "Half the World Away" recorded in Noel Gallagher's Tokyo hotel room, a demo of the extremely rare song "Strange Thing" and a live recording of "Sad Song" show at Manchester Academy.
Limited edition cassette replicas of the band's rare "Original 1993 Demos," meanwhile, are now available from the official website, including new sleeve notes from "Definitely Maybe" producer Mark Coyle. Only eight copies of the original demo tapes were made.
The tracklisting for the three-disc Special Edition re-issue of "Definitely Maybe" is as follows:
Disc 11. Rock 'n' Roll Star
3. Live Forever
4. Up in the Sky
7. Bring it on Down
8. Cigarettes & Alcohol
9. Digsy's Dinner
10. Slide Away
11. Married With Children
Disc 21. Columbia (White Label Demo)
2. Cigarettes & Alcohol (Demo)
3. Sad Song
4. I Will Believe (Live)
5. Take Me Away
6. Alive (Demo)
7. D'Yer Wanna Be a Spaceman?
8. Supersonic (Live)
9. Up in the Sky (Acoustic)
11. Fade Away
12. Listen Up
13. I Am the Walrus (Live Glasgow Cathouse June 1994)
15. (It's Good) to Be Free
16. Half the World Away
Disc 31. Supersonic (Live at Glasgow Tramshed)
2. Rock 'n' Roll Star (Demo)
3. Shakermaker (Live Paris in-store)
4. Columbia (Eden Studios Mix)
5. Cloudburst (Demo)
6. Strange Thing (Demo)
7. Live Forever (Live Paris in-store)
8. Cigarettes & Alcohol (Live At Manchester Academy)
9. D'Yer Wanna Be a Spaceman? (Live At Manchester Academy)
10. Fade Away (Demo)
11. Take Me Away (Live At Manchester Academy)
12. Sad Song (Live At Manchester Academy)
13. Half the World Away (Live, Tokyo hotel room)
14. Digsy's Dinner (Live, Paris in-store)
15. Married With Children (Demo)16. Up in the Sky (Live Paris in-store)17. Whatever (Strings)
The tracklisting for the 'Original 1993 Demos', meanwhile, is as follows:
D'Yer Wanna Be a Spaceman?
Side TwoBring It on Down
Married With ChildrenFade AwayRock 'n' Roll Star