Rush will release their first ever iBook for the Super Deluxe CD/BD reissue of 2112 on December 18.
Posted on Dec 14, 2012 12:43 pm
Also due that day, the deluxe editions of the album will feature 5.1 surround sound mixes, unreleased live tracks and the first-ever Rush comic book.
The iBook will consist of unpublished pictures, black and white ink art and pencil sketches for every comic book cell, and preview music for the newly remastered Mastered for iTunes (mFit) audio of "2112" with 3 bonus live tracks.
Originally released in 1976, "2112" was the creative and commercial breakthrough album. With lyrics written by Neil Peart, "2112" kicks off with the ambitious seven-suite title track (originally side one), set in a futuristic world run by the "Priests Of The Temples Of Syrinx" who regulate "every single facet of every life," which includes books, music, work and play. "2112" conveys the story of humanity's instinctual, inner need for one's free will, HenneMusic reports.
iBook content includes:
- 40-page comic book by story artist Tom Hodges ("Star Wars - The Clone Wars," The Simpson's "Treehouse of Horrors #17")
- Unpublished pictures
- Black and white ink art and pencil sketches for every comic book cell
- Preview of the remastered audio of 2112
- Expanded artwork, liner notes, lyrics and unreleased photos
- Brand new liner notes by David Fricke, Rolling Stone
Rush were announced as inductees into the Rock & Roll Hall Of Fame's Class of 2013.