Slash has revealed via Facebook that he is going into the studio to work on the score for the first horror film.
Posted on Oct 02, 2012 12:30 pm
Slash has revealed via Facebook that he is "going into the studio tonight" to work on the score for the first horror film from the guitarist's production company, Slasher Films, called "Nothing To Fear". "It's really coming together", Slash added. "Sounds awesome so far".
Anthony Leonardi III, a creature artist and storyboard artist who worked on "Rango" and "47 Ronin", is directing the movie, which began shooting in May in Louisiana (via Blabbermouth).
Slash told The Pulse Of Radio that he's looking forward to seeing how "Nothing To Fear" turns out. "It's [a] really good production team, the special effects people are great, the cast is great, the story's great - everything's great about it", he said. "And it will be interesting to see where this particular one, how it comes out and where it goes, 'cause we're planning on doing two a year".
"Nothing To Fear" has already been picked up for distribution by Anchor Bay Entertainment.
The movie is the first of a proposed series of horror films produced by Slash's company, which he launched last year in partnership with two other producers.
"Nothing To Fear" is based on an actual town in Kansas, which, according to legend, is one of the seven gateways to Hell.
The company has three other films in development, including "Wake The Dead", which based on the graphic novels by Steven Niles, with Haley Joel Osment playing Victor Frankli, a college student experimenting with reversing death.
Slash described "Wake The Dead" in an interview as "basically a modern, young Frankenstein story about a brilliant college student who's discovered how to animate dead tissue - but he's a teenager so he goes overboard".