The White Stripes
will released a live album "Nine Miles From the White City,"
two years after officially splitting up
It will celebrate the 10th anniversary of their "Elephant"
album, and will be released as a double vinyl on Jack White's Third Man
Records imprint - but only to those who subscribe to its Vault subscription service for a total of $60 over three months.
A 7" record with two demo recordings from the "Elephant" sessions will accompany the release, including "I Want to Be the Boy to Warm Your Mother's Heart"
which you can hear below.
The live recording was captured at the Chicago Aragon Ballroom in 2003, and features 26 songs over 76-minutes including "Seven Nation Army," "Hotel Yorba"
and other hits from the peak of their popularity.
A bonus feature from this particular live set: the band made an impromptu performance of a song written on the spot which would later be called "Little Cream Soda"
and appear on their 2007 album "Icky Thump."
Stream the demo track "I Want to be the Boy to Warm Your Mother's Heart" which will accompany their new live album here:
"Nine Miles From the White City" track list (via NME
01. When I Hear My Name
02. Dead Leaves and the Dirty Ground
03. Love Sick (Bob Dylan cover)
04. Hotel Yorba
06. Cool Drink of Water Blues (Tommy Johnson cover)
07. The Hardest Button To Button
08. I Want to Be The Boy To Warm Your Mother's Heart
09. Stones in My Passway (Robert Johnson cover)
10. Stop Breakin' Down (Robert Johnson cover)
12. In the Cold, Cold Night
13. Seven Nation Army
14. The Same Boy You've Always Known
15. Black Jack Davey
16. We Are Going to Be Friends
17. Offend in Every Way
18. Little Cream Soda
19. Cannon/'Party Of Special Things To Do (Captain Beefheart cover)
20. Candy Cane Children
21. The Air Near My Fingers
22. Screwdriver (tease)
23. Ball And Biscuit
24. Screwdriver (reprise)
25. Let's Build a Home
26. Goin' Back to Memphis (Henry & June cover)