Bring on the bass player jokes all you want, but even these guys know how to make millions from time to time.
An interesting list has recently surfaced on Richest
, making a rundown of the world's 10 richest bassists.
A few expectedly wealthy musicians, such as Gene Simmons
, and Paul McCartney
made the top, but representatives of the more "alternative"
side, so to speak, such as Nirvana
's Krist Novoselic
of the Red Hot Chili Peppers
of also made the Big 10.
As you might remember, Duran Duran
's John Taylor
was branded best bassist ever
in a recent Music Radar
poll, but this one's all about the cold, hard cash. So without further ado, check out the world's richest bass players below.
Top 10 Richest Bassists in the World
10. Krist Novoselic (Nirvana) - net worth: $40 million
9. Tony Kanal (No Doubt) - net worth: $45 million
8. Geezer Butler (Black Sabbath) - net worth: $65 million
7. John Paul Jones (Led Zeppelin) - net worth: $80 million
6. Flea (RHCP) net worth: $115 million
5. Adam Clayton (U2) - net worth: $150 million
4. Roger Waters (Pink Floyd) - net worth: $270 million
T2. Gene Simmons (KISS) - net worth: $300 million
T2. Sting - net worth: $300 million
1. Paul McCartney - net worth: $1.2 billion