UG editorial team. A group of people who are passionate about guitar and music in general.
Posted on Jan 07, 2014 11:04 am
Acoustic punk minstrel Frank Turner tested his extreme knowledge of Iron Maiden on the ultimate British quiz show this week.
He went on to win the contest by answering the questions below on Mastermind, which is known as the most difficult quiz show in the country. In the show, contestants take part in a specialist subject of their choice, and are given difficult questions to test their knowledge.
"I want that trophy. I want it real bad," he said during the recording. Upon winning the trophy and raising a cash prize for a homeless charity, Turner said: "It's been on my bucket list to be on Mastermind since I was a kid. I'm very very proud to be on it."
So who can do better that Frank? Test yourselves at these questions, with the answers below. Go!
Iron Maiden Questions:
1. Iron Maiden was founded by Steve Harris on which day in 1975?
2. Who was the original lead singer, replaced by Dennis Wilcock?
3. In August 2010 Iron Maiden released their 15th studio album. What was it called?
4. Iron Maiden left Sanctuary Records in 2006. What was the name of the new company they joined, run by their manager, Rod Smallwood?
5. What was the nickname of Barry Graham Purkis, the drummer who briefly appeared with the band in 1977?
6. On what tour in 2008 did lead singer Bruce Dickinson first pilot the band and their entourage in a Boeing 757 named Ed Force One?
7. Which best-of album, released in 2002, includes the track "The Wicker Man," inspired by the cult horror film?
8. What is the title of the 2009 feature-length documentary and live album recorded during the Somewhere Back in Time tour?
9. The band's longest single to date, "The Ryme of the Ancient Mariner," is on which 1984 album?