Stone Roses: Heaton Park Atmosphere For Sale On eBay

Fans wanting to capture the spirit of the Stone Roses Heaton Park dates can bid on a bottle of "atmosphere" from the reunion shows on eBay.

Stone Roses: Heaton Park Atmosphere For Sale On eBay
0
Fans wanting to capture the spirit of the Stone Roses Heaton Park dates can bid on a bottle of "atmosphere" from the reunion shows on eBay after one intrepid user listed the bottled air online. The unique item, said to have been captured on June 29 between the band playing This Is The One and She Bangs The Drums, is in high demand with revellers from the Manchester event bidding against one another. The price at the time of writing is already over £500. The listing on eBay reads: "Here is your chance to own your very own piece of Mancunian history... approx 10cc of awesome atmosphere." However, international fans of the band are out of luck with the seller only able to ship the bottle to the UK. The seller claims this is due to the "totally electrified and awesome atmosphere in the container." It is not entirely frivolous however, with the eBay the seller due to donate some of the proceeds to a local music project for young people. Thanks for the report to Gigwise.com.

17 comments sorted by best / new / date

comments policy
    smittyanthrax
    webber243 wrote: alestorm666 wrote: Hate the band, hate the fans, but this is quite funny. The band probably hates you (except for the fact that youre a f*cking nobody) and i (being a fan) hate you too so the feelings mutual budddy
    So you basically hate someone because they dont share your music tastes.You must be a joy to know.Seriously chill out and pull your head out of your backside.
    RndyW0
    Well this is turning out to be a lovely conversation on comments, so I'll clean it up a bit. I'm not a massive Stone Roses fan by any stretch, not really my style but I love the idea that he is donating some of the money to a local music project. Absolute legend!
    JakeElson
    Its a huge generalisation to assume that all the fans are like that though, i myself am a fan and i am a civil, polite person. And you can't really blame someone for getting defensive after you say you hate them, especially since they havent really done anything to you aside from not sharing your taste in music. On topic, i think this is a great way to raise money for a local music project.
    alestorm666
    webber243 wrote: alestorm666 wrote: Hate the band, hate the fans, but this is quite funny. The band probably hates you (except for the fact that youre a f*cking nobody) and i (being a fan) hate you too so the feelings mutual budddy
    why is every stone roses fan so defensive any time someone even says something slightly negative about them? Am i allowed to have different opinions to you? ****ing immature ****.
    Bryan2
    webber243 wrote: alestorm666 wrote: Hate the band, hate the fans, but this is quite funny. The band probably hates you (except for the fact that youre a f*cking nobody) and i (being a fan) hate you too so the feelings mutual budddy
    People like you are about as welcome as a fart in an astronaut suit.
    JakeElson
    Yeah i see your point to, but i guess all bands have some fans like that?
    bonjidonk
    I should start capturing more air at concerts to see if I could make money off of it.
    grungeaholic91
    why is every stone roses fan so defensive any time someone even says something slightly negative about them? Am i allowed to have different opinions to you? ****ing immature ****.
    You wrote that you not only hate the band, but hate the fans. Not only is that more than "slightly negative," but you are also inciting comments like the one you got from someone you no doubt consider a douche. The fact is, you are both douches, but you're also a hypocrite.
    webber243
    alestorm666 wrote: Hate the band, hate the fans, but this is quite funny.
    The band probably hates you (except for the fact that youre a f*cking nobody) and i (being a fan) hate you too so the feelings mutual budddy
    alestorm666
    All of them do, but about 90% of the stone roses fans i've spoken to in real life/online have been that way (You are in the other 10%). Maybe i'm being a little biased because I dislike the band but with most other bands it's only a small minority of fans.
    ihartfood
    People like you are about as welcome as a fart in an astronaut suit.
    Well you could sell that I suppose, so I consider that welcome.
    alestorm666
    grungeaholic91 wrote: why is every stone roses fan so defensive any time someone even says something slightly negative about them? Am i allowed to have different opinions to you? ****ing immature ****. You wrote that you not only hate the band, but hate the fans. Not only is that more than "slightly negative," but you are also inciting comments like the one you got from someone you no doubt consider a douche. The fact is, you are both douches, but you're also a hypocrite.
    Given his response though, you can see my reason for hating their fans. They are some of the most deluded, immature and defensive music fans in the world.
    JakeElson
    Its a huge generalisation to assume that all the fans are like that though, i myself am a fan and i am a civil, polite person. And you can't really blame someone for getting defensive after you say you hate them, especially since they havent really done anything to you aside from not sharing your taste in music. On topic, i think this is a great way to raise money for a local music project.
    alestorm666
    @jakeelson I do see your point there tbh, my comment was mainly referring to the 'fanboy' types that TSR seem to have a lot of who won't listen to anything against the band. Of course I don't hate all their fans, just a certain part of the fanbase. People like @webber243 didn't exactly do them any favours either.