If you just had a meal you might want to wait a few minutes before checking this story out. A Whitesnake fan is suing the Newport (Wales) council after claiming to have missed the beginning of one of the band's gigs. Why? Because she slipped over vomit.
As Lindy Butcher told the South Wales Argus, "It was horrifying, you don't expect to fall in someone's vomit." Oh boy no, you do not. The show was at the Loft Bar in Newport Leisure Central this past December (2011). As a result of the fall Butcher claims to have suffered bruising and soreness to both of her knees, as well as muscle spasms between her ribs.
The Newport council says they did what they could to prevent this night-ruining event. "It would appear the presence of vomit was reported to staff by a member of the public. One of the bar staff tried to call for a cleaner. However, it was extremely busy in the bar and cafe areas. In the absence of any detail concerning the actual whereabouts of the vomit and with so many people in the bars, it was difficult to pinpoint immediately where the vomit was located."
To the venue's credit, Butcher's tickets were promptly reimbursed after, of course, she was aided and cleaned with disinfectant. Perhaps next time out she'd be better off buying Whitesnake's upcoming "Forevermore" concert DVD when it comes out. After all, it's doubtful there will be any strange regurgitation laying around in the confines of her own home.
Thanks for the report to UltimateClassicRock.