Capricho review by Admira

Admira: Capricho

Being an experienced classical player this guitar is excellent for very small or private shows. This guitar molds to your own classical style in a very broad way. It holds great tone and has a great lead or backround effect with another classical. Excellent for duos.

I play a classical style and this guitar is perfect for me. I don't only play classical though I also play lead and blues. This guitar is great for a broad range of styles as most classicals are but if it goes higher than 19th fret than you might have some trouble. If I lost this guitar I'd go straight out and buy it again. I love the fact that on the higher classical frets (15, 16, 17 etc) the sound quality and feel seems to shine through. I personally have a Fender classical (cheap and rough) and another Admira. This guitar outplays them both in every catogory. Great guitar!

With good care this guitar with get better and better forever. It has the distinct thing of a great classical and that is with growing of age there is growing of value. The guitar with hold in a show but there is no volume or controls of any sort so there is no amplification.

With this guitar you get what you pay for, and it isnt a finish. It has beautiful woods but no finish gloss coat. With this guitar your paying for the sound and beauty of guitar but the finish brings the value of it down.

The Admira Capricho is one of the few new Admiras on the market. It is a classical Spanish guitar and although cheap is great quality. - Top: solid Cedar - Sides and back: mukali - Neck: african mahogany - Bridge: rosewood - Fingerboard: rosewood - Machine Head: cold plated - Narrow body - Standard 19 frets (classical) - No Elctronics or controls.

Noodlerman
    Having always played a steel-strung 6 or 12 string, I needed a nylon guitar after damaging my left hand ... both for the softer strings as well as a wider fretboard. After trying many guitars at my local Hobgoblin shop, I settled on the Capricho. I'm extremely pleased with it. I actually love its appearance (pale, matt finish) but its sound is excellent. The action when bought was already low but I've been able to lower it even further whilst re-stringing it. The sound quality is good, no matter whether you play in the first position or up to and beyond the 12th fret. The heel is also a very comfortable shape and fits into the shape of the wrist very nicely. All-in-all, I rate this as a superb guitar at the price.