Malaga review by Admira

Admira: Malaga

Purchased from: Malaysia

Admira's malaga suits my style very well. This is my 3rd classical guitar and I love it the best. Simply because it sounds superior compared to other guitars. With the cutaway, I can now play higher fret songs without restrictions. The tones are warm and even in volume on all strings. Neck is solid and feel smooth to play. When you strum a chord, the body resounds and you can feel the vibration. A little costly but well worth it. 10 out of 10. I have not tried the shadow pickup much as I play unplug.

This guitar suits my style. Classical, spanish. Tarrgea, bach. Etc... I have been playing for 15 years. Last 10 playing classical. I own. Other classical guitar. Yamaha(indonesia) and Kapok (china) if it was stolen I would definitely buy it again. The guitar sounds great. The body resonates, vibrates slighty. Tones is warm and sound volume is balanced on all strings. I wish it had a tuner.

This guitar hasn't been tested in durability yet as it is relatively new. Less than a year. I have no problems so far. I paid 3 times more than my regular guitar so I am keeping my fingers cross that it will last 3 times longer. The strap buttons are solid. I would use this guitar without a backup. It feels natural to me. The finish looks like it can stand many years of light abuse : )

No flaws at all. The finish is tip tops. Varnish gave it a new glossy look. Pickup in place. The guitar was in the shop for 2 years before I finally bought it. Many people have played it but the guitar seems brand new. When I bought it, I had it restrung. I did not find anything loose or broken.

* Made in Spain * Cutaway * Up to 19 frets. * Top: Solid cedar * Back & Sides: Sapelli * Fingerboard: Mongoy * Neck: African Mahogany * Machine Heads: Nickel * Shadow's Nanoflex pickups 3 way * Varnish Glossy finish * No Tuner 9 out of 10. wish it comes with a tuner.

whysky
    i actually own this guitar and let me tell you, it kick asses i just love it
    tuqiri
    I have one of these. Ill try to answer some questions: The complete model name is Admira Malaga EC (E stands for amplified and C for the cutaway). The tone is warm and deep. It holds tuning very well, even low tones. The onboard electronics dont affect the acoustic sound too noticably (the dont always do; have a word with your dealer). Action is nice and low; very comfortable. It doesnt have a pickguard; although Ive stuck one of those transaparent jobs on mine. When plugged it sounds basically the same. On durability tough; it doesnt stand as tall; reason for this being the fact that it is a cheap guitar. But the only real issue on it is the finish starting to show signs of wear after 3 years of playing daily for hours; and gigging a couple of times every month. The actual woodwork and machinery will withstand the years... It just wont look as pretty (it is very pretty too). It says somewhere on the review that the strap buttons are solid. It only has the one at the bottom, and the jack plugs in it. You have to watch it stays tight, as it would vibrate uncomfortably if it loosens up (maybe thats the reason of your "slight vibration" mentioned. You have to do that with Martins and all other manufacturers that use that system. I give it a 10/10 on its price range; and a 8.5/10 overall.Hope this has been helpful.
    theoneandonlyq
    "A little costly..."? $565 is nothing like costly. It's not a $100 Wal-Mart guitar, but I don't think costly doesn't even start until you're up in the $1500 range for classical guitars. This review is pretty dang vague. I'm glad it's working out for you, but unless you can give specific reasons for why this warrants a 10 (and "it suits my style" doesn't count I'm afraid), you should be careful about dishing out such a high review. You don't really discuss how well it holds tuning, whether or not the onboard electronics affect the acoustic sound (which I'm pretty sure they always do), the action of the guitar, etc. Sure nothing was loose and broken and the pickguard was where it was supposed to be, but that doesn't warrant a 10...