Malaga Review

manufacturer: Admira date: 05/17/2010 category: Acoustic Guitars

Sign up to get weekly digest with top stories from UG. Ads free, only news.

Thanks for subscribing! Check your email soon for some great stories from UG

Admira: Malaga
 8.4
 9.6
 7.2
 6,591
review (1) pictures (1) 3 comments vote for this gear:
Malaga Reviewed by: wooki97, on may 17, 2010

Purchased from: Malaysia

Features: * Made in Spain * Cutaway * Up to 19 frets. * Top: Solid cedar * Back & Sides: Sapelli * Fingerboard: Mongoy * Neck: African Mahogany * Machine Heads: Nickel * Shadow's Nanoflex pickups 3 way * Varnish Glossy finish * No Tuner 9 out of 10. wish it comes with a tuner. // 9

Sound: Admira's malaga suits my style very well. This is my 3rd classical guitar and I love it the best. Simply because it sounds superior compared to other guitars. With the cutaway, I can now play higher fret songs without restrictions. The tones are warm and even in volume on all strings. Neck is solid and feel smooth to play. When you strum a chord, the body resounds and you can feel the vibration. A little costly but well worth it. 10 out of 10. I have not tried the shadow pickup much as I play unplug. // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: No flaws at all. The finish is tip tops. Varnish gave it a new glossy look. Pickup in place. The guitar was in the shop for 2 years before I finally bought it. Many people have played it but the guitar seems brand new. When I bought it, I had it restrung. I did not find anything loose or broken. // 10

Reliability & Durability: This guitar hasn't been tested in durability yet as it is relatively new. Less than a year. I have no problems so far. I paid 3 times more than my regular guitar so I am keeping my fingers cross that it will last 3 times longer. The strap buttons are solid. I would use this guitar without a backup. It feels natural to me. The finish looks like it can stand many years of light abuse : ) // 10

Overall Impression: This guitar suits my style. Classical, spanish. Tarrgea, bach. Etc... I have been playing for 15 years. Last 10 playing classical. I own. Other classical guitar. Yamaha(indonesia) and Kapok (china) if it was stolen I would definitely buy it again. The guitar sounds great. The body resonates, vibrates slighty. Tones is warm and sound volume is balanced on all strings. I wish it had a tuner. // 9

More Admira reviews rating category latest review
+ Capricho 7.3 Acoustic Guitars 02/20/2006