AD60 review by Alvarez

Alvarez: AD60

I play this guitar with light elixir strings and the sound is amazing. I love to play all types of music and guitars. I have played everything from Taylor's (my favorite) to Martins and all the way down the line. I play a lot of Jack johnson and Eric Clapton with a lot of pulls and taps in them so I had a luthier lower the action and I have not liked any guitar more than this one. The sound that comes out of this guitar is astonishing, extremely rich and extremely full. I live in an apartment and my neighbor thought I was playing an elec with the amp turned up.

I had done a little bit of research on this guitar before I purchased it but was totally shocked when I got the product. I do own 5 acoustics. I ordered it online and, like I said, only had the action lowered and I would not, honestly trade this guitar for a Martin, even trade. Maybe I have just become atached and love the way this thing feels and plays for my style but that is my opinion. This guitar plays with the ease of a nylon however it is steel and sounds like a dream. The elixir strings might play a amall role also. I have never thought about paying 1500-2000 dollars for a guitar and am glad I didn't because with the 300 dollars I paid I feel like I got the deal of a lifetime. I do not endorse or thank anybody usually but I felt obligated to post this review and thank Alvarez on a great guitar.

Although I have not had this guitar for more than 2 months I am positive that this guitar will withstand live playing and it is built extremely well. The finish is amazing. I feel like a black knight with this guitar.

The action was a little high for my liking however that was easily fixed for $20 and everything else on the guitar was perfect from the factory.

2003 model with 14 frets to the body and 20 frets overall. Has a solid top with a hig-gloss black finish. Bueatiful mother of pearl inlay around the rosette and on the neck and real classy inlay on only the 12th fret. Ebony neck with silver frets, chrome grover tuners, and an ivory inlayed spine. Dreadnought body with a gig bag.