AD60 review by Alvarez

Alvarez: AD60

Purchased from: Bulldog Music Store, NC

My music style is emo and acoustic rock, so the guitar suits it well. When bought the guitar it had a high fret, but a little bit of adjusting fixed that for me. The sound is rich and full, however when I compare it to an Alvarez Rd-8, the Rd-8 (which is not cut-away) has a much louder sound. However, the sound is rich.

Overall, I would suggest that anyone who comes across a good deal on one of these guitars that they take advantage of it. The guitar is very reliable and built very strong. It has a good full sound, and I plan on keeping it for many years.

I lead worship at churches, and I use it to lead worship, because it is loud and clear, and also very beautiful. The tuner on the guitar works wonderfully, and the battery has not yet run dead. I would keep a backup, just incase a string broke, but the guitar is perfect for playing, and is one that you can hold on to for a while, even if you wanted to get a much more expensive one.

The action was extremely high, and I lowered the saddle, but could not lower it too much because of the frets. I am content with the action now, but would prefer it to be a little lower. Like I said before, the guitar had a high fret but I got that fixed right away. Other than that, the pickup worked great, and everything else on the guitar was splendid. I am especially impressed with the tuning keys, the guitar rarely goes out of tune.

My Alvarez is an AP (almost perfect) meaning that the finsish in the guitar had spots on it, so I got it at half price. The guitar's condition is perfect however. The solid-top is bearclaw spruce and the backs and sides are mohagany. There are 21 jumbo frets and it has the latest Alvarez pickup system, with a built in tuner. The guitar is also a cut-away.