AD60 review by Alvarez

Alvarez: AD60

I play alot of praise and worship for different groups, and the sound truly is great. This particular guitar has great mid-tones. It's not tinny on the upper registers, and not extrememly loud on the bass, it's got an overall great sound.

If I lost it, I would definately buy it again. I've been playing for about9-10 years. If I would buy anything nicer, I would go for the Alvarez Yairi collection which is tremendous.

The action when I got it was perfect. I like low action and it was great. Bookmatched tops are beautiful, there were no flaws when I got it. As I've stated before, the guitar is truly beautiful to look at.

- Body style: cutaway dreadnought - Back and sides: figured koa - Top wood: figured koa - Finish: natural - Rosette: white pearl - Binding: black/white multi-layer - Fingerboard: 12th fret diagonal - Machine heads: nickel die cast - Bridge/tremolo: rosewood - Controls: System 600T.

qblue
    I bought this guitar to upgrade my old but cherished Epiphone acoustic. The sound and elctronics are gr8. The setup from the factory was perfect. I added a condenser microphone, which mixes with the regular 600T pickup. The sound could be brighter, but the figured Koa wood allows for a warm sound
    mcmasterful
    After holding onto an Alvarez for more than 25 years , it finally broke. My son replaced it as a gift 2 years ago. I feel that I never lost the original Truly a 10 across the board!