AD70 review by Alvarez

Alvarez: AD70

Purchased from: ebay

Sounds just as good as any guitar I've played at 3 times the price (list is $429 US) but at the price I got it at. Outrageously good!

Great acoustic for blues and bluegrass. I've been playing for about 35 years and find it's a joy to pick on. If lost or stolen I'd go get another one in a heartbeat! Great for backup and becoming a workhorse! I have an Ovation 12 string, 1974 Guild 12 string, 1976 Gibson SG, Gibson Mastertone 5-stirng Banjo.

Owning this guitar for about a year so far, I haven't had any problems with it and play often. Stands up to the doggie occaisionly knocking it off its stand and stays in tune during temperature changes.

Played well right out of the box. Factory set up has nice action got even better with light gauge strings. There seems to be a tiny wave or knot in the edge of the top but doesn't affect the playability finished well with clear laquer.

Japanese made, the AD70S has become a great asset to my collection. Solid Spruce top and scalloped braces produce a great sound. Thin rosewood neck allows for quick fingering. I've played many guitars over the years and found for the value. A great friggin' guitar! Great for flatpicking bluegrass tunes.