RD8 review by Alvarez

Alvarez: RD8

Purchased from: Used

This pretty much suits my acoustic music style. I mostly play electric but sometime I just like to pull the acoustic out and play. The guitar sounds very good. Most people that I have talked to or heard about the guitar from say that the sound the guitar has surprised them for a lower priced guitar. It compares to many more expensive guitars that can cost more then $500.

I play mostly any time of music on acoustic. On my electric I play mostly heavy rock. I have been playing almost a year now. The rest of my equipment is mostly electric guitar stuff. If this guitar were lost or stolen, I would probably buy it again if I were looking for an acoustic. This guitar is the whole package for only about $200.

This guitar would withstand live playing. The tuners seem like they might need to be replaced a little later on down the road. It's a pretty solid felling guitar. I have only played a few acoustics and this is one of my favorites.

The guitar came pretty good. I got it used though so I cannot rate how it came from the factory. The last owner never really used it though so it should be close to factory standards. The action is a little high on the higher frets. I can set it up with some new strings and change the action and it will be just fine.

Mine was maufactured in 2005. It was made in China. There are 20 frets. It has a rosewood fingerboard. The guitars wood is laminated top and sides. The top of the guitar is spruce and the sides and back are mahogany. It has a natural finish that looks pretty good. The tuners are just simple die cast tuners. They seem to work pretty well. The guitar included a very nice hard case that I would have paid extra for. It is very padded and seems very durable.