RD8 review by Alvarez

Alvarez: RD8

Purchased from: pawn america

Have plunked around on guitars most of my life, play banjo, (don't hold that against me, ha ha). The rich bass and clarity on this "begginers" guitar blow everyone away. My dad has a Takamine and this sounds better, my opinion, than his. The bass is incredible. It projects a very rich, warm sound that surprises everyone who picks it up. My neighbor is a professional musician, and he built his own guitar from scratch, not a kit, and he likes it too.

Bluegrass, gospel, anything my daughters and I can come up with. I read all the reviews here on ug after I bought it, you know reinforcement for buying it at a pawn shop, and I normally don't take the time to do something like a review, but this guitar deserved some love.

Not afraid to put this baby next to about any other guitar. Seriously, for under $200 bucks, you can't go wrong. It stand up with great low end sound, but yet is bright on the high end. The finish is great. High gloss, nice grain on the top and back. I thought it could be a beat around guitar, but its way too nice for that. Looks like I'll have to keep looking for a beater cause this definitely isn't it. If I "gigged", I wouldn't be ashamed to use this guitar at all.

don't know if this was set up after purchase or not. Action is really fast and low, neck probably is a little to straight, but for playability I'm not going to touch it. Again, my neighbor said the neck could be adjusted, too flat he thinks, but I love the action as it is and since I play for pleasure, were going to leave just the way it is.

This is an amazing guitar for the price. Beautiful finish, (mine is the natural), high gloss, very nice. Stays in tune really well. The case alone would be worth half of the price I paid. Nice felt, and not just cardboard like most. Tuners feel solid, and stays in tune very well.

Dpullam
    I bought an Alvarez over a year ago and I have no complaints at all about it. I would expect the same for this one.