AH-10CE review by Antonio Hermosa

• Reviewer's score: 2.8 Junky
Antonio Hermosa: AH-10CE

Price paid: € 160

It suited my musical style well, I play fingerstyle (everything) to flamenco and a bit of rock. When the guitar is not plugged in it has a nice full warm sound, very chrisp. But when you plug it in the sound is very screetchy, ugly like nails over a nailboard.

I play with alot of slapping nail attacking etc. This guitar seemed made only to look at, I play everyday for a year and a half everyday when I find the time. If only I could go back in time and NOT buy it. If it was to be stolen I would laugh for the fool that took it. I loved the sound it made unplugged, very good sounding. Sort of. Everything about this guitar SUCKS I compared it to a Yamaha classical, LAG classical, Ortega classical and even Valencia classical. All the above are superior compared to the Antonio Hermosa. I own a Ortega RCE 145 at the moment.

+ Will this guitar withstand live playing? - No! + Does the hardware seem like it will last? - No! + Can you depend on it? Would you use it on a gig without a backup? - NO! + Is the finish good enough to last, or does it seem thin and easy to wear off with lots of playing? - NO! Owning this guitar is very frustration, the same day I got it in there was a scratch/hole in the body from who knows what. After trying to repair the damage fix the gloss and everything another hole came. After the guitar broke completely I did an experiment with it, if you do a flamenco golpe technique, you would go through the wood.

The finish was ok, the body looked very beautifull, the wood had a certain reflective nature. It look simply beautifull. The tuners are great I use them on my other guitar now, everything else was also how it should be. But when I look closely, and focus, you will see that it looks like it was put together in a rush, even the EQ is placed in backwards.

This brand makes their guitars in China. It counted 18 nikkel fret, Solid Cedar top, Mahagony back and sides and a rosewood fretboard. It has a cut away, wich looks and feels nice, There is a EQ with 4 switches for frequency and a nob for volume. Also a battery slot next to it. The tuning mechanics where brandless gold plated model. There was nothing on this guitar that came extra. No bag, nothing.