Cedar CW review by Art & Lutherie

Art & Lutherie: Cedar CW

Purchased from: The Music Factory

The sound is beautiful acoustically, through my friends PA system is is excellent. The sound between the acousic guitar and the amplified guitar blend perfectly to create an above average sounding guitar. The pickup inside sounds niether tinney nor brassy, but is one of the few that can truely convey the actual sound of the guitar (especially for the price). It cover any kind of music you would want, especially once you start playing with the tone controls. I have a three hour set that I play every week at a local coffee shop which spans everything from country rock to songs like an acoustic version of Basket Case by Green Day, and even gospel. I have a rich singing voice and it compliments well.

Good guitar, especially for the price. I absolutely love the whole line of godins. They do an excellent job of produceing high quality guitars for low coast I have been playing for I don't know how long because I don't want to count, and this guitar is the best I have played in a long time. While shopping around I played a Gibson EC 10, and there was no comparison. Go Art & Lutherie for your next guitar. They are cheap economical, and well built. they sound as good as any Gibson I've played, and play better than most. If it were lost or stolen, I would probably cry for a week, then buy a new one. One thing I don't like about it is how easy it scratches, but that gives a guitar character.

Like I said I play a three hour set every week, and it has help up good for three weeks, but that isnt a very long time, so I don't know how long it will last. It seems like a very solid guitar and will definetly outlast my previous guitar. I do use it without a backup, no problems so far. The finish will wear off eventually, but that is a part of playing guitar. I give it an eight for now lack of expirience on it, but it is probably even better

I don't know how this guitar came from the factory, but Godin does a superb job on all of their guitars, so it was probably decent. The guy at the shop had messed around with it a little, and it was nice and low, but no buzz so it was good. There were no flaws in mine. I Live in norther Michigan, so a Canadian built guitar is perfect for up here in hickvill. There was a small scratch on the back, as if some moron had played with their coat on. Cedar is a very soft wood and will scratch, so if you have a friend Who plays heavy and you let him play it, you'll hate them later, fortunatly, I knew this going in, so I am the only one Who has played it. Like I said Godin does an excellent job, so there were no problems.

This is a 2006 guitar. Made in Canada. It has 21 frets, solid top of Cedar, maple neck, and rosewood fretboard. Mine is a cutaway with an atique burst finish. Electronics are Godin EMP Quantum and have volume bass and treble adjustments. Comes with a hard case with beautiful shag carpet interior. It is almost worth as much as the guitar is.