Cedar CW review by Art & Lutherie

Art & Lutherie: Cedar CW

Purchased from: Steve's Music Ottawa

The Cedar CW has a full, rich and somwhat dark tone. It's suprisingly loud and clear as crystal. It's a well rounded guitar suitable for a variety of music and playing styles. The sound is realy unlike that of anything within the same price range. The tone is fairly deep so people searching for a light cheary sound might want to avoid this modle while those Who want deep rich tone and encredable presance will be in hevan with the CW.

The CW is by far the nicest acoustic guitar I have ever played and would be an ecellent choice of guitar considering its playability and supurb craftsmanship. It's was worth every single penny I payed for it. I compaired it to my dad's Yamaha which I's nearly doubble the price and the CW plays louder and is much lighter to hold up. The only thing I wish the CW came with is a second strap button but that problem is small and easily fixed. Overall the CW is a supurb piece of work.

The CW is a sturdy Guitar to say the least, yet it is of a decent weight as to not become a total burden to hold up and play. I play mine often and have taken it many places and I have not had a single problem with anything yet. The finish is durable and quite resistant to scratches.

The body on the CW is solid and well crafted of quality woods. the neck is attached properly to the body and there's not a single flaw in the craftmanship. On the one which I baught you can see where there was a knot in the wood used on the guitar. Some people may think of this as horrible but I specificly chose that one as I see the knot as making the overall appearence more distinguishable. I assure you the knots are not common from what I have seen.

As with all Art & Lutherie the Cedar CW is hand crafted in Canada. The back & sides are of Wild Cherry, the top is Cedar, the neck is made of Siler Leaf Maple and the fingerboard is made of Rosewood. The strings are set nice and low and The frets and thickness of the neck are of a comfortable sise. The body of the CW is not too wide to make it uncomfortable to play but not too small to diminish the ability to throw sound. however there is only one strap button so if you're like me and are not comfortable with attaching the strap to the head you may have to add one yourself. The CW features a cutaway and comes in a Semi-Gloss Varnish or a Non-Glossy finish both of which are pleasing to the eye. The Art & Lutherie signature as well as the design on the head of the CW are well printed and add a tastefull finish.

Mr. Jingles
    this guitar really is amazing, i've had one of these for two years and the only problem i've had was with the output jack getting loose because of a new strap, but thats easily fixed, other than that it has never let me down and it sounds great
    mutedloud
    I got one 2 months ago and I absolutely love the sound this guitar makes... its rich crisp and clean.
    larsgj
    I have had this guitar for a couple of years. It's very easy played and has a very rich sound. Even a big room needs no amplification. When amplified it's really a great performer.