Spruce CW Review

2,192
review (1) 3 comments vote for this gear:
Spruce CW Reviewed by: calvinthecanadi, on february 20, 2006

Purchased from: The Arts

Features: This guitar was made in 2005 in Princeville, Quebec. It's got 22 frets with a beautiful rosewood fingerboard. It is a solid top. The body's made out of spruce and the neck is mahogany. The top of mine is called antique burst going form dark red to black. It's got a cutaway and the bridge is a Tune-O-Matic. On the side there are three controls. One for volume, one for treble, and one for bass. // 8

Sound: The sound suits my music style well because I like to play old stuff like Eric Clapton and The Beatles. When I play Tears In Heaven by Eric Clapton its sounds great. I don't have an acoustic amp yet but I tried out a Fender Acoustasonic and it sounded outstanding. // 9

Action, Fit & Finish: The guitar was set up very well at the factory and it's made of 95% canadian wood. There's absolutely no flaws at all. // 8

Reliability & Durability: This guitar has already withstood my live playing at my school and for my friends and around my house. The hardware seems very likely to keep in shape and work for a long time. The strap buttons I have on it were attached at the store and seem very solid. I have already used it in many many gigs without my backup. The finish is pretty nice I doubt it will ever fade and it isnt thin at all. // 10

Overall Impression: I play lots of oldies like Eric Clapton and The Beatles and with this guitar and these songs it's a match made in heaven. I've been playing only for a year now and I also own an Epiphone Special II and a crappy little 10 watt Epiphone amp. If it was stolen there would be no doubt I would go buy it agian because its just so nice. I love the fact that the cutaway is just the right size for me (me being 14) and it means easy accses to the lower frets. I hate the fact that it can get scratches easily but it won't show the colour of the wood underneath. // 9

Comments