Wild Cherry review by Art & Lutherie

Purchased from: Axe Music

Suits my style great, I play everything I can with this guitar and I love it. There are better guitars out there but I haven't found one for this price.

Mostly I play Christian rock, but I also play rock, emo, classic rock and some heavier stuff. Before I bought this guitar I would have liked to know a little more about pick-ups. For a piezo style pickup it sounds good but I would prefer if it had a mic as well. If it were lost or stolen I might buy another one, but I would probably buy a Seagull because they are nearly identicle, but they have a solid top and better electronics. But still I Love my Art & Lutherie and don't feel I could get a better guitar for the price.

This guitar will withstand live playing for a long time, it's a laminate top so it's tough. The hardware is good. I am not a huge fan of the rear strap button/output jack combo but it works and remains solid. I had to install a front strap button on the heel of the neck which was easy to do, very solid and well balanced. I would still recommend a backup guitar strings do break.

The bridge was a little high from the factory, although it still played silky smooth right up too the higher frets, nothing a few minutes and a little sand paper to the bottom of the bridge can't improve thought. The guitar has a wider neck and string spacing than most other guitars I have played, which suprizingly helped me to play faster.

Best Laminate top guitar I have ever played also better than alot of cheaper solid top Guitars out there. The body is made of Wild Cherry and the neck is maple. The tuners are great, it has a active piezo style pickup which is okay, nothing fabulous but it sounds alright.