Wild Cherry review by Art & Lutherie

Purchased from: Mountain music

there's not much to be said, it's an amazing acoustic guitar that really does well in the limelight, never lets you down, never eats at your fingers, and sounds great, although there was a sound change when left out over time and not played. My aunt has one as well and she doesnt't play often but when I played it, some of the strings didn't work, I was perplexed. A month or so later I came back (and it hadnt been touched that whole month) and I picked it up and it played fine wiht the same great sound that it always had. My only conclusion that I could come to was that there was enough moisture in the air (they live in the country with no screen windows) and the house was big enough (huge to be exact) that the cured wood on the guitar actually expanded disallowing the strings from vibrating properly. other than this story it's a classic acoustic that sounds great playing along to Zep's II or Opeth's Damnation, it's just so well rounded.

I play everything, the stones, Iron Maiden, Trivium, Coldplay, Coheed And Cambria, Protest The Hero, Incubus, Opeth ect ect I play it all and it fits all types of playing, it never fails. The sound is so pure that it never sounds refined. I love this guitar, tryed a Fender acoustic before I bought this one, but this one just played so well that I couldnt put it down there was a connection. I'm not the type of player that relys on a guitar to make the play but the player to make the guitar, I have a black Epiphone Les Paul Studio that I use as my starter..I have a Squier Strat, my ART and luthrie acoustic cut away of course, and a little beat up jay jr. that served me well at the time when acoustic guitar to me was a shit way to play. I run all that through my Marshall 50w and a little Peavey for carrying around. I have a Zoom 500 II effects pedal, and use some good old ernie ball strings. If it were stole I would go out and buy a new one for sure, I can't Live without it. I wish that it was the same feel but had a plug in feature so that I could play through an amp, that would be great, but hey it's a great guitar, the best acoustic guitar make no matter which model you choose to get, A&L is the way to go!

This guitar, as I said is simple, put together on a cherry farm, does what it needs to do, plays well everynight, I use it live and on recordings and it's easy to play and the sound and way that it stays in intact is great. The strap that I have on it now has been on since day one and it still stays on, doesnt't move when I stand up and always feels solid in your hands, just a great guitar.

Hand made and made well and definetly up to standards, you would think that you are almost stealing it at the price that I got it for, and true piece of art whether it sits in your room on a stand untouched or you are hooked and can't stop playing it. Rarely needs a tune up.

I don't know much to say about this baby, beautiful Orange mango finish, cherry wood fret board, nicely wound strings that have not a single tinge to the note played. The cut-away alows for some nice little solo playing on it's nice 21 fret neck, easy to slide, and indeed does sound great with a slide as well, a must get for a well priced Brand New guitar made exclusively by hand here in good old Canada. As the story goes, these guitars are made on a tree farm to be exact so the trees that they use are indeed the ones that they use to make their hand made acoustic guitars.