CG44 Starter Pack review by Ashton

• Reviewer's score: 5.8 Decent
Ashton: CG44 Starter Pack

Price paid: A$ 100

Purchased from: Local Guitar store

I got this guitar as my very first guitar and don't play it much any more. I play mainly rock, country, Folk and metal and obviously this doesn't suit my style. It sounds really good for its price. It's good for finger style and decent for chords. There is some variety in the sound but it is mainly used for classical music.

Overall I'm not really impressed. I've been playing for one year now and I mostly play rock and metal and this guitar doesn't suit it. I have two other guitar (a steel string acoustic and an electric that are both great). I think the sound is the best part of this guitar as it is has a warm sound and good for when I just want to muck around but apart from that not really good for much else. I don't really think I'll buy this guitar again if it got stolen because I have two more and don't really need this one anymore. If it just had better action and didn't get out of tune as much as well as not being so easily scratched I would have liked it better. It's good for beginners but once you start getting more experience I suggest you get another better guitar.

I've had this guitar for half a year. I used to play on school guitar and this was the first one I actually owned. I would not take this guitar to a live performance as nobody will here it as it's sound is not very loud. This guitar is not very durable. It gets damaged at the slightest bump. It has a lot of damage done to it even if haven't dropped it once. I'm pretty sure this guitar won't last any longer than it already has.

Ok this was pretty sloppily done at the factory. The action was low at the start of the neck but got really high making it almost impossible to play with past the 7th fret. It has almost no flaws but the action just really pisses me off. The tuners are really bad as well as it comes out of tune every time I play it and it comes out of tune even when I don't play sometimes.

OK this guitar has a laminated top and has no electrics. It has butterfly machine heads and a short and fat bridge due to it being a classical guitar and a classical body shape. Due to its small body it is very portable. It has rosewood fingerboard with only 19 frets. It has mahogany back and sides and a spruce top. Action is high so that's a pain in the but. It came with a starter pack (pics, gig bag and CD as well as a strap. The strap is crap keeps coming loose).