CG44 Starter Pack review by Ashton

Ashton: CG44 Starter Pack

The sound quality is reasonably good all the though the pull offs aren't that loud to be honest. And chocking can be over chocked sounding at times. Apart from that it is pretty good although seeing there are nylon strings on it is a bit muffled and it is really obvious when it is out of tune just a little bit. Good for Indie and blues music harmonics are surprisingly good on it pinch harmonics aren't that good.

This guitar was great to learnt on being my first guitar I love to bits but really honestly it isn't that great. It does not suit my style of music because it just doesn't fit in unless it is a background loop or something. I have been playing for two years so I don't use it as much anymore and I own a Sammick electric guitar which is great. I would of asked for the product number. If it broke I wouldn't buy another one it would be a waste of $70.00, I love it because it was my first guitar and I learnt on it. I can't compare to anything else because it is a beginner set. I wish had a solid cover and a more revamped paint job and a solid neck. But nothing is perfect.

The strings wear quickly but that's because there nylon. Its not ideal to use for lengthy periods as it tends to un-tune, the strap falls of because the strap button as stretched the the strap button whole way too wide. I wouldn't use it in a gig because it just doesn't perform well enough and would most definitely having something break on it but I would use it as a back up for short periods like a song or two.

It is an average standard sloppy paint job on the underside where it joins the body and an obvious glue marks. The cover marks real; y easy, the seventh fret on the top of the neck is a bit smudged. Around the fret bars it wears and goes a dark gray colour. The 4D string snapped with in a month but that could of been my playing. It looks like it is in the picture and apart from the neck joining it is in alignment fine and the treble strings feel like dried hot glue. You can tell this wasn't meant to be a polished of piece of art.

12 frets until you have to bend over the body, fat frets, nylon strings, the tuning pegs kind of click when put into the right place. It came with three Ashton pics, a soft case, a Ashton strap, a full set of strings and a Beginners DVD. Classical Acoustic guitar classical body shape three thin white rings around the sound whole. Is a black satin colour looks like a laminated top and made out of some kind of maple, the head stock is un-named. The neck is glued on, gold coloured metal supporting the plastic tuning pegs. There is a white border around the guitar the dots on the fret board are made out of plastic and on the top of the neck are just black paint. Good for beginners as it states.