Traveller 12 String review by BeaverCreek

BeaverCreek: Traveller 12 String

Purchased from: Gear Music

I play rock and classic rock, and it has a very full sound with just the right amount of reverb to sound bright. It sounds best on Clean settings when plugged in, and hums a bit if there's too much distortion. It works very well with echo and loop sampler pedals. Sounds good with a slide, too. I use a glass slide.

I play classic rock and rock, and I can get all of the sounds of Boston, The Eagles, The Beatles, and Zeppelin out of this tiny guitar. If it were stolen, I would buy 3 more, just in case. The price is amazing. I paid $185 for this thing, and I would have paid 300. I like being able to plug in for extra volume, or just strum some chords unplugged when I'm on my own. I guess that old saying is true: good things do come in small packages.

I think this guitar would withstand Live playing, as long as it is nowhere anyone can step on it, as it is very light. It stays in tune well, and everything is solid, except as I said before that one strap button. I think I could trust it to go without a backup, and the finish seems like it is of high quality.

The action was perfect: easy to push down, but no fret buzz. The finish was clean. The strings ran straight, the neck is smooth, and everything seemed tight, except for one strap button that fell off, but I just had to screw it back in again. Everything is solid on this guitar.

This 12 String guitar. It is "travel size", which basically means it's smaller than a regular guitar. The body is cutaway, so the smaller of the 20 frets are easy to play. It's acoustic-electric, so it plugs in to the amp. From the guitar, you can control Volume and Tone, which is basically a slider that has Treble on one end and Bass on the other, and you can select one of those or put it in the middle. This guitar is very top-heavy.

Multiplayerjon
    noice... I want to try one... Someday...
    filthylittleboy wrote: lol beavercreek...
    That is a weird name
    Huffman
    jackmarrin
    Huffman wrote: haha rough stuff .. wat other 12 string can u get 4 under 200 .. well i dont know but ive never seen any... i have a beavercreek accoustice 6 .. just normal .. its a bit better than a walmart guitar but the action is a litte rough ... nd i dont think i would trust this brand...
    The action on mine was perfectly fine when I bought it
    jackmarrin
    Sorry guys, I didn't get this for $146, it was $246. typo. is there any way you can edit reviews ?
    tmpicker1952
    I just picked up one of these, and for the price $242.00 Cdn. it is a good value, about i/10th the price of my Martins. I like the travel size and pluged in it has a full 12 string sound. The saddle is only copensated for th B & E strings so the intonation is not perfect. Electronics are prety basic, just one tone silde and volume. Action is a bit high at the 12th fret, but within reason. The gloss finish seems to be good quality and it has a nice smooth feel on the neck and fretboard. It is a bit top heavy, but that is not a problem. This is a nice little 12 string for just stuming or light picking. But if you like to pick hard I would go for a full size 12. I like to play a bit of everything so this is an nice affordable addition, and fun to play. So far no real issue, but I have only had it 4 days. Time will tell.
    Metallicam
    I bought a Beaver Creek acoustic bass a few years ago and it still sounds amazing. Also sounds great plugged in.
    Coastguarder
    I have recently picked up the 6string version of this guitar, and I have to say it really does seem to be a great deal. After a few days of playing I am very happy with the sound and playability overall and would point out the same small concerns that others have mentioned. specifically that it is top heavy and the action is a bit high as you get near the sound hole. Other than that though the 6 string travel model is a lot if guitar for less than $200.