Traveller 12 String Review

manufacturer: BeaverCreek date: 03/11/2008 category: Acoustic Guitars
BeaverCreek: Traveller 12 String
Scaled down body; travel size roundback, spruce top, wood back back and sides, nato neck, rosewood fingerboard and bridge, Die-Cast machine heads, pickup with V/T (Shadow), padded gig bag.
 8.8
 9.8
 7.8
 3,767
review (1) 11 comments vote for this gear:
Traveller 12 String Reviewed by: jackmarrin, on march 11, 2008

Purchased from: Gear Music

Features: This 12 String guitar. It is "travel size", which basically means it's smaller than a regular guitar. The body is cutaway, so the smaller of the 20 frets are easy to play. It's acoustic-electric, so it plugs in to the amp. From the guitar, you can control Volume and Tone, which is basically a slider that has Treble on one end and Bass on the other, and you can select one of those or put it in the middle. This guitar is very top-heavy. // 10

Sound: I play rock and classic rock, and it has a very full sound with just the right amount of reverb to sound bright. It sounds best on Clean settings when plugged in, and hums a bit if there's too much distortion. It works very well with echo and loop sampler pedals. Sounds good with a slide, too. I use a glass slide. // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: The action was perfect: easy to push down, but no fret buzz. The finish was clean. The strings ran straight, the neck is smooth, and everything seemed tight, except for one strap button that fell off, but I just had to screw it back in again. Everything is solid on this guitar. // 9

Reliability & Durability: I think this guitar would withstand Live playing, as long as it is nowhere anyone can step on it, as it is very light. It stays in tune well, and everything is solid, except as I said before that one strap button. I think I could trust it to go without a backup, and the finish seems like it is of high quality. // 10

Overall Impression: I play classic rock and rock, and I can get all of the sounds of Boston, The Eagles, The Beatles, and Zeppelin out of this tiny guitar. If it were stolen, I would buy 3 more, just in case. The price is amazing. I paid $185 for this thing, and I would have paid 300. I like being able to plug in for extra volume, or just strum some chords unplugged when I'm on my own. I guess that old saying is true: good things do come in small packages. // 10

Comments