AC25/SM review by Breedlove

Breedlove: AC25/SM

I use this guitar mostly unplugged. In a gigging situation I plug into my Crate 30W acoustic amp. The Sound is slightly more bassy; however, this guitar delivers a clear full range. There is a lot of feedback if you turn the pickup volume past halfway, but it gets plenty loud at 1/4.

This guitar is great for me. The wood is beautiful. The fretboard is perfectly smooth. The electronics are clean and crisp. The guitar comes with Diadario EXP light strings. These are good strings, my second choice. I could not ask for more in a primary acoustic.

I have played this guitar out a few times and it is very dependable. I have had no problems from it. All the hardware is solid. I have had it for a year now, and I have not had to tighten any of the hardware. The finish on this guitar is beautiful and it does not wear easily.

The action and set-up from the factory was perfect. Everything was tight and set when I got the guitar. I took it out of the box at guitar center, played it for about and hour, and then took it home. The only problem I had out of the box was that the control box for the pickup system was not clicked in all the way. I had to press it into the locked position to get the pickup to work.

This guitar is amazing. I tried Gibsons, Taylors, and Martins when I was shopping for a new acoustic, and the Breedlove beat them all in terms of quality and the particular sound I wanted. It has a Sitka Spruce solid top with solid mahogany back and sides. The Neck is Mahogany and the fretboard is Rosewood. It has pearl dot inlays. It has the Breedlove string-thru bridge and Grover gold tuners. It has the Fishman classic 4 active pickup system.

arronjohnson76
    Breedlove is probably one of the best sounding acoustic guitars ive ever played! they sound wonderful!
    fastpickin123
    breedlove guitars sound and look amazing! definitely will be my next acoustic guitar... well worth the price tag
    doritofreak93
    Bought a AC25 SR plus a year ago amazing amazing guitar. got it brand new slamming deal only paid $480 for it. Honestly, it performs much better than many of the more expensive guitars and is a much better deal(even when its at its usual, price of ~$900, excluding the deal I got on it). I would suggest it to anyone looking for a very high quality guitar in that price range.
    delaboy
    ive just purchased an ac25 sm and it is stunning,set up was perfect and the sound is a joy, a real quality guitar.