Revival 000 review by Breedlove

Breedlove: Revival 000

Purchased from: Musician's Friend

My style is mostly picked Acoustic but I do cross over into jazz, blues, and harder rock. The sound is clean and clear. The L.R. Baggs Element Active pre-amp provides great sound quality with no visible appearance the guitar is wired.

I purchased quite a few guitars over the past 30 years but I never bought the one I really wanted. It finally came time to buy that ultimate guitar. I looked at top class Martins, Larrivees, Taylors, etc. I came back to Breedlove. I was initially uncomfortable choosing a Breedlove over a Martin, but it turned out to be a very good decision. My hand-made Breedlove is simply an incredible guitar. Moreover, it was made by artisans. In addition to my Breedlove Revival 000, I also own a Taylor NS32CE, Taylor T5-S acoustic/electric, a Danelectro DC-12 12-stiring cutaway electric, an Ibanez Stratocaster, an Alvarez 6-string acoustic, a J.B. Player 6-string acoustic, and my oddest guitar, a Traveler Guitar Escape.

The Breedlove Revival 000 is solid. It is designed to outlast it's owner, that is, so long as the owner takes reasonable care of it. The hardware is solid. The finish is glossy. I'll write again on durability after a few years of playing it.

I played this model guitar in a shop in Nashville. When it came time to buy, the Nashville guitar was gone. I found another at Musician's Friend. The Musician's Friend tech in Kansas City setup the guitar and shipped it via FedEx. I was playing the guitar the next evening. The guitar arrived stable and has wandered very little during its break-in.

My Breedlove Revival 000 was manufactured in 2008 by Breedlove Guitar Company of Bend, Oregon. The guitar is a 6-string tribute to 1930s style guitars with a deep, crisp, rich sound. The Revival 000 comes standard an Adirondack Spruce top, East Indian Rosewood back & sides, a solid Mahogany neck, Ebony fredboard, with Grover Nickel Tuners. Mine is outfitted with an L.R. Baggs Element Active pickup which provides great dynamics with no obvious outward appearance the guitar has been modified. The pre-amp is run with a 9-volt battery that is automatically switched when a cable is plugged into the combination strap button/jack. The guitar came with a black hard-shell case.

crookedpath
    FOLLOW UP - It's been nearly 8 years since I purchased this Breedlove Revival guitar and 5 years since I first reviewed it here. It remains my favorite and the favorite among my friends who play. Still no "wolf notes", no issues, no complaints. In fact, I've yet to play a Breedlove guitar that makes "wolf notes". I suspect Maybe Hells.Mascot (comment above) only every touched Breedlove instruments that were setup poorly. A few years ago, I picked up a high end Martin, thinking I might transition. I didn't. Don't get me wrong, Martin makes very good guitars, but Martin isn't enough better as to drag me away.
    BigHeadClan
    SayHello2Heaven
    BigHeadClan wrote: Sexy looking guitar kinda makes me wish I spent more on my acoustic alas buying guitars + collage = a lot of money and my new electric is already 1100-1300 bucks .
    You need to switch colleges my friend... or rather, switch collages
    Hells.Mascot
    This guitar is so nice... it's still somewhat plagued by wolf notes like most Breedloves, but I wish I had the money for this sort of thing... or a high-end Martin, Collings, Santa Cruz, Bourgeoise, etc...
    crookedpath
    This particular guitar is only plagued by those friends who pick it up to play, and almost won't give it back. For 6 months, I've swapped back and forth between my Breedlove and my other guitars. This one remains my favorite, is a delight to play, and is the first guitar any friend picks up to try out whenever we get together for an acoustic jam.