BF200 review by Brunswick

Brunswick: BF200

Price paid: £ 89.99

Purchased from: PJS Music

This guitar handles pretty much whatever I play on it. Mainly Oasis, Nivarna, RHCP, stuff I write and I even played some Guns n Roses on it. Some fretbuss when tou get past the 12th fret on the low E strings. The factory strings weren't great so they have been changed to a set of Martins and it sounds awesome! Nice bright tone with a 0.60mm pick but hard to play licks with that so I normally use a 1mm.

This guitar is everything I've been looking for I compared it to 2 more exspenise guitars (a Stagg and a vintage) and this one was better than them both in sound and in looks. I owned an old Acoustic I had when I was like 10 an 3 electrics I was dying for a new one an this was everthing I wanted in an Acoustic guitar. If it was stoleni would hunt then guy down cut his head off and stick it on a pole. The only thing I wish it had was another strap button. I have no regrets in buying this at all.

I don't no if this guitar will withstnad live playing but I'll find out in April as I'm doing an Acoustic set then. I would bring a backup because I always doing when I'm gigging a guitar for the first time. It only has 1 strap button so the strap is tied above the nut. I would have liked it to have two but I'll live. I have bumped it several times and the is no evidence of it the finish looks great and probably wont wear off for a long time to come.

This guitar was set up great by the guys at PJS, so i didnt adjust anything but the strings. It plays like nothing ive played before (but saying that the only decent acoustics ive played are skools!)I tested 2 others but i picked this up and it was amazing. The black finish wasn't very nice so im very pleased about this guitar.

This guitar was made in China in 2009. It has a Rosewood neck and fretboard with 20 frets on. Laminated spruce top with a nice Sunburst finish. Laminated rosewood back and sides. Die cast closed back machine heads and a tortoiseshell pick guard. Great guitar for the amount of money payed.

Grim_eats_jebus
    EpiExplorer wrote: To be honest, you can make accoustic guitars sound good anyway if you know how to play (the same really cant be said for electrics, so dont have a go). But, looking at that price, I would have payed double for something that could be a little less likely to be er, rubbish. Not that its rubbish, just that there is better.
    Dude, im 12 in dont have 250 to spend on on a guitar
    Undead Dude
    halfj06 wrote: i thought Brunswick made bowling balls..
    aye, but whatever is not up to the standarts for bowling balls they sell as guitars
    EpiExplorer
    slipnslide
    I bought two Brunswick guitars (Model:FL ??) for my teenage children back in 2002 for circa 80 each, and they are quite marvellous guitars for sound and playability. Nice tone, and superb necks with a low action, and well-finished frets. Very good value for money, and I pick up and play them all the time. Much better than far more expensive "name" guitars, which I have been disappointed to try after these. Would recommend Brunswick guitars without hesitation to players who can't afford to shell out hundreds - and even they should compare first.....!!
    BluesmanGeorge
    I have just paid 30 for a well used Korean made Brunswick, put new strings on and it rings out well. I will happily use this at open mic nights, rather than my Lowden. It sounds well enough and if too many people buy me drinks it won't be the end of the world if I forget it, fall on it, or break it some other way. I would die if I did any of those to my Lowden. The Lowden is insured for 8,000 replacement cost, the Brunswick is not insured.
    MRkister
    I bought one of these to take on holiday. I went into a music shop to buy a case for my precious acoustic guitar and walked out with a case AND a Brunswick guitar. It was really nicely setup from the factory and needed no extra fanoogling to make it comfortable to play. I have added straplocks for stage work and it retains its tuning really well! I don't have the same deep love as I have for my Expensive acoustic. But I'd happily buy/use/gig one of these any day! despite the price