BF200 Review

review (1) pictures (1) 7 comments vote for this gear:
BF200 Reviewed by: Grim_eats_jebus, on march 23, 2010

Price paid: £ 89.99

Purchased from: PJS Music

Features: This guitar was made in China in 2009. It has a Rosewood neck and fretboard with 20 frets on. Laminated spruce top with a nice Sunburst finish. Laminated rosewood back and sides. Die cast closed back machine heads and a tortoiseshell pick guard. Great guitar for the amount of money payed. // 8

Sound: This guitar handles pretty much whatever I play on it. Mainly Oasis, Nivarna, RHCP, stuff I write and I even played some Guns n Roses on it. Some fretbuss when tou get past the 12th fret on the low E strings. The factory strings weren't great so they have been changed to a set of Martins and it sounds awesome! Nice bright tone with a 0.60mm pick but hard to play licks with that so I normally use a 1mm. // 8

Action, Fit & Finish: This guitar was set up great by the guys at PJS, so i didnt adjust anything but the strings. It plays like nothing ive played before (but saying that the only decent acoustics ive played are skools!)I tested 2 others but i picked this up and it was amazing. The black finish wasn't very nice so im very pleased about this guitar. // 9

Reliability & Durability: I don't no if this guitar will withstnad live playing but I'll find out in April as I'm doing an Acoustic set then. I would bring a backup because I always doing when I'm gigging a guitar for the first time. It only has 1 strap button so the strap is tied above the nut. I would have liked it to have two but I'll live. I have bumped it several times and the is no evidence of it the finish looks great and probably wont wear off for a long time to come. // 8

Overall Impression: This guitar is everything I've been looking for I compared it to 2 more exspenise guitars (a Stagg and a vintage) and this one was better than them both in sound and in looks. I owned an old Acoustic I had when I was like 10 an 3 electrics I was dying for a new one an this was everthing I wanted in an Acoustic guitar. If it was stoleni would hunt then guy down cut his head off and stick it on a pole. The only thing I wish it had was another strap button. I have no regrets in buying this at all. // 9

Comments