BTK60 Review

manufacturer: Brunswick date: 11/22/2007 category: Acoustic Guitars
Brunswick: BTK60
Stage Model With Black Finish. Maple top, mahogany back and sides, mahogany neck, rosewood fingerboard, fully bound, Die-Cast machines, gloss finish, shadow P4 4 band active EQ.
 8.9
 8.4
 9.4
 2,897
review (1) 2 comments vote for this gear:
BTK60 Reviewed by: Mr E, on november 22, 2007

Features: Electro-acoustic, not sure what year, or where made! 20 medium frets on a rosewood fingerboard. It has a maple top with mahogany backs and sides, and neck. The body is fully bound. It also has gold Die-Cast tuners. Powder blue finish, and it is cutaway. It also features Shadow LC4 electronics with 4 band active EQ. It came with D'Addario strings and price included a gig back. // 9

Sound: This guitar sounds awesome on its own. It's quite bassy but it depends on what pick you play with. I use a 1mm pick to get volume, but if I use a .38mm pick it can sound really bright. The versatility with the Shadow pickup is amazing. When going through an amp, it can sound a bit too bright sometimes, but this can be overcome with a good amp setup. There is a bit of feedback, and if you turn the EQ up too high, it resonates and causes loads of noise. I mainly play it acoustically and I got an electro-acoustic mainly so it was cutaway for access to higher frets. // 7

Action, Fit & Finish: When I played it in the shop it was tuned a step down, so it had lighter action than an electric! At normal tuning it has nice action. The action gradually gets further away, as you get further up the neck, but not ridiculously so. Other than that the guitar seems pretty solidly built. // 8

Reliability & Durability: I've owned the guitar about a year now, and dropped/kicked/thrown it several times and although it has dents and scratches everywhere, it shows no signs of giving up anytime soon. The tuners alway get knocked and bashed, but seem to be fine. They hold their tune very well. I've never played it onstage, and I would be confident to play it without a back up. Before I did though I would fit a strap button at the top of the body, as I hate straps that tie around the headstock. The finish shows no signs of wear, other than big obvious scratches. // 9

Overall Impression: Overall, I think this is an awesome guitar, especially considering the price. I would have done a review earlier but I've struggled to find out what model it was, as they seem to be quite rare. This is an ideal guitar for a beginner/intermediate player, such as myself, but a more advanced player might want something a bit more up market. I play a lot of fingerstyle with this guitar and I love playing it tuned a whole step down for the lighter action. If it were stolen, I would definitely go out and buy another one, as I probably play it more than my electric guitars. I think there's something really special about the sound of an acoustic. I love the fact it's cutaway aswell, so I can play higher frets more easily. I was going to buy a second hand one of these as I really liked it, but it had lots of damage past the 12th fret. If anyone else decides to try and get this guitar, good luck finding one! // 9

Comments