C-3905EQ review by Carlo Robelli

Carlo Robelli: C-3905EQ

Purchased from: Mike's Music Madness

This suites my classical playing very well. Even though I just started really getting into classical. There is no problem with this guitar at all even when I put distortion on it just to test it out.

On this guitar I wil be playing classical and it defintely gets the job done. I've been playing for nearly 2 years and I own 3 other guitars, only one acoustic. this is my first acoustic electric and my first classical. I think all my questions were answered after I payed it. I played it for about 20 minutes each time before and after my lesson each week and I did that for 3 weeks. So I already had a good feel for it. If it were lost I would probably buy it again. This was a great price for a great guitar. Don't let peoples statement "it's good for the money" fool you this thing is just plain great I'd pay much more for it. My favorite features would have to be the pickup and the bound body. I didn't compare it to any other guitars. This guitar has everything I need except a warranty but hopefully I won't need one.

I don't have a doubt this guitar could withstand live playing. I think the tuners may need to be changed in the long run. This guitar doesnt have strap buttons. I think I could depend on itand do a gig without a backup. As for the finish I think it looks a little think but most likely will last.

The action is great. I had no problem with it. The pickup is great. The only flaw I found so far was a loose tuner which is easily fixed. The finish is nice also very glossy.

I'm not sure what year this is but I think it's a 2005. I'm not sure where Carlo Robelli's are made considering I've never even heard of the brand until I played this guitar at the music store. It has a fat neck like a classical should. It has a rosewood neck and on the SamAsh site it says its a nato neck, I don't really know what that means. The guitar has a bound body. It has a spruce top. It also has a cutaway that goes to the 16th fret. This guitar also has an active preamp with a 3 band EQ. It also has a volume control on the preamp. It has a peizo pickup system and has gold-tone tuners.