Rodriguez Concert review by Cervantes

Cervantes: Rodriguez Concert

Purchased from: Acoustic Music

It has a very powerful sound for such a small guitar. I use it for classical sound to folk/rock to jazz, it suites them all (I prefer a nylon sound for all styles). This guitar can do all the tricks, so clean.

I used to play a steel acoustic with a woody pickup, before that an electric. The more I play guitar the more I realize this is what guitar is supposed to sound like. I have also tried 6k dollar guitars when I was looking for this guitar, my dealer (a small local acoustic shop) turned me on to the Cervantes models and I haven't looked back. I'm giving it a nine, because this guitar was not fully handmade, and the materials are second only to such five thousand dollar handmade guitars. But for its price-range, and for the quality, this is an eleven.

Once again, this is a top quality guitar, you dont pay 1900 dollars for a shoddy finish and poor wood selection. Very solid.

From my dealer this guitar played perfectly, it looks and adjusts immaculately.

This last summer I purchased a new '05 Cervantes Rodriguez Concert, nylon string acoustic for $1,300 dollars (be lucky to find one under $1,900). This is a stunningly beautiful guitar, with a clear attention to detail. It features a Cedar soundboard, indian rosewood back and sides, ebony fingerboard, 650 or 660 mm scale length, and lacquer finish. It also comes with a humidity sensitive hard-backpack case.

firemarshalnfr4
    I purchased a Cervantes Hauser PE several years ago. I agree that these are fine instruments. This model is also, a small body classical guitar and has tremendous volume, clarity and I love it. It is very apparent that this instrument was made with a lot of attention to detail. I purchased this guitar from Maple Street Guitars in Atlanta, GA. They are the ones that brought this make guitar to my attention. Fantastic customer service. firemarshalnfr48