Rodriguez Concert Review

manufacturer: Cervantes date: 02/03/2006 category: Acoustic Guitars

Sign up to get weekly digest with top stories from UG. Ads free, only news.

Thanks for subscribing! Check your email soon for some great stories from UG

Cervantes: Rodriguez Concert
This guitar is made after a Miguel Rodriguez guitar owned by Pepe Romero. Loud and well balanced this is a powerful instrument. Cedar soundboard, Indian rosewood back and sides, ebony fingerboard, 650 or 660 mm scale length, lacquer finish.
 8.2
 9.2
 7.1
 1,309
review (1) 1 comment vote for this gear:
Rodriguez Concert Reviewed by: unregistered, on february 03, 2006

Purchased from: Acoustic Music

Features: This last summer I purchased a new '05 Cervantes Rodriguez Concert, nylon string acoustic for $1,300 dollars (be lucky to find one under $1,900). This is a stunningly beautiful guitar, with a clear attention to detail. It features a Cedar soundboard, indian rosewood back and sides, ebony fingerboard, 650 or 660 mm scale length, and lacquer finish. It also comes with a humidity sensitive hard-backpack case. // 8

Sound: It has a very powerful sound for such a small guitar. I use it for classical sound to folk/rock to jazz, it suites them all (I prefer a nylon sound for all styles). This guitar can do all the tricks, so clean. // 9

Action, Fit & Finish: From my dealer this guitar played perfectly, it looks and adjusts immaculately. // 10

Reliability & Durability: Once again, this is a top quality guitar, you dont pay 1900 dollars for a shoddy finish and poor wood selection. Very solid. // 10

Overall Impression: I used to play a steel acoustic with a woody pickup, before that an electric. The more I play guitar the more I realize this is what guitar is supposed to sound like. I have also tried 6k dollar guitars when I was looking for this guitar, my dealer (a small local acoustic shop) turned me on to the Cervantes models and I haven't looked back. I'm giving it a nine, because this guitar was not fully handmade, and the materials are second only to such five thousand dollar handmade guitars. But for its price-range, and for the quality, this is an eleven. // 9

Comments