Electro Acousic review by Cheetah

Cheetah: Electro Acousic

Purchased from: cheetah music

This guitar suits most styles. Mine, chords and soft sound, is greatly occupied from this guitar. I'm just using a basic 25w amp and it produces a great sound even from this! It can make a beatifully deep sound on full bass or a light and wispy sound on low bass. It makes a great variety as my friend has discovered when he decided to try shreating but caught a string and snaped it :(

Over all this guitar is great, I've been playing about 3 years now and this guitar is the best for mone I could recomend. Even my friend whos be playinf for 7 years said he would love it. I would even say it could match up to your yamahas and all. I bearly use the amp because it produces such a loud clear sound on its own! Highly recomended. If interested seach Cheetah electro acoutic guitar, it should be around 50 to 100 pounds.

This guitar is extreamly reliable, its battery has lasted over a year, i would use it on a gig without worry. Its finish is perfect no flaws wxcept from a knock on the table which gave it a dint! The only strap button is great, it doesn't wobble at all and is very solid, just tie the other end of the strap around the head.

The guitar is perfect really, it is all properly aligned and everything was set up perfect, only thing was a bit f the inside of the sound hole was damaged in transit. Everything was of high quality standard although the work on the machine heads could have been done with a bit more care and attention, but what do you expect for 50? They haven't caused me any trouble anyway!

This guitar is quite a new model, its made in japan I belive( not to sure ) it has 19 frets but thats all I really want from my acoustic, its great! It has a rosewood fretboard with pearl inlays. The body has a natural font and red laqured rest. It is a cutaway slimline which makes it great to play. It has all the necisary controls for an electro acoustic, but all you need to include is a 9v battery which is supplied with it. It also comes complete with gig bag and strap. It doesn't come with a cable unfortunatly.

Air_Stryker
    NO. I own this guitar, I bought it off of EBay for my first guitar, it is NOT worth an 8.8. Honestly, it's no even worth a 0.2. I hate everything about this guitar, it's electronics, it's sound, it's action, finish just everything. I could not pick out a worse guitar.
    thechadsyndrome
    I have to disagree with you. I bought my cheetah 4 years ago. It takes 30 minutes of your time to lower the action to where you need it to be. I'll admit, I did eventually replace the pick-ups but that only cost me £15. I've gigged at open mic nights with it and the sound is pretty awesome (for a cost price guitar). If you're umhappy with the finish then do what most of us do, sand and respray. I think that you're more pissed off at yourself for not researching in to it than you are with guitar. I love mine and untill I can afford a tanglewood I will keep on loving it
    omidmash
    "Over all this guitar is great, I've been playing about 3 years now and this guitar is the best for mone I could recomend. Even my friend whos be playinf for 7 years said he would love it. I would even say it could match up to your yamahas and all. I bearly use the amp because it produces such a loud clear sound on its own!" It's the best? What about Taylors? Martins? They should learn from these nameless brands.. cheap, made in japan and 8.8!!
    rv_phoenix
    I own a 600 euros Seagull Entourage Rustic QI, handmade in Quebec, Canada, by the respected Godin company. It sounds maravellous, it stays in tune for days, it looks classy. I gig it on pro stages side by side to Taylors, Takamines or Ovations. But it still doesn't worth a 8,8. Not even a Martin D-41 would deserve a straight 10, so an 8,8 is quite a high rating, only an exquisite instrument should be granted such a rating.
    rv_phoenix
    I know what you mean, but the price: quality ratio doesn't work for musical instruments as it works for cars. For a very simple reason: a 5 euros guitar (an excellent price, we must admit) is unplayable. This 50 GBP Cheetah cannot be used in a gig, not to mention a record. For only 100 GBP more, the guy could buy on ebay an used Tanglewood of a perfect giggable quality. That's a good price: quality ratio.
    Dempsey68
    rv_phoenix wrote: There's no way a 50 GBp can be made in Japan. It can only be made in China, Vietnam, Indonesia, India or Pakistan. As far as I know, it's China. And, if we rate this cheap (in all respects) guitar an 8,8, we should rate a Martin a 2397.
    not defending the review, but the 8.8 is probably a price:quality ratio.
    gabba78
    I recently bought this (unfortunately for 84GBP) and I completely agree that it is a really nice one, sounds good for the price !
    petetheprof
    I set up two Cheater electro-acoustics recently for a client. His cheetah had a lot of problems but in the end it played well. Only because I had to remove the electronics (difficult due to cables being attached where you can't reach them), rout the bridge saddle slot deeper, remove the two bolts holding the bridge (hidden under pearl dots), plane & re-surface the bridge lower, re-size the bridge saddle, reassemble everything complete with new pearl-dot bolt head covers, level & dress the frets, adjust the truss rod & cut & file the nut slots deep enough for the strings to play in tune at the first fret. Then it played great! His daughter's guitar had the same problems but worse - I had t glue & clamp 2 detached struts under the top (not a lot of room in there being a thin guitar), the bolts holding the bridge were loose with the pearl dots falling out - well that one plays great too now but why buy a £50 guitar that needs £120 worth of work to make it playable? To be fair, in this case the customer was a beginner and wouldn't have known how bad these were.